Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11922 posts

Re: ~Dragon Age: Origins~ Information Thread

Dec 18, 2008

PapaWarlock wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:
I still wonder though how they will change the game for consoles. Since, the consoles versions don't come out till end of next year sometime it's kind of hard not to think about how the controls and everything will work for the consoles. Hope they don't change that much because from all the fooage and articles this game is amazing.

I doubt they'll change much. At most they'll mod the controls to fit the controllers. Add achievements/trophies. Possibly take a few of the best fan created mods from the PC and include them on the console versions. That I'd enjoy seeing. It was hinted at, but as of yet, unconfirmed.

Really? That sounds awesome, about the fan created mods. Im not worried that much about the transition from Pc to console because I saw some footage of the "other console" version that seemed to be the same basic build as the PC version. Just wondering how the controls will work on the console versions. Time will tell though, hope they release more information on the consoles versions soon.

Message 20 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2205 posts

Dec 18, 2008

xLord-Slothx wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:
I still wonder though how they will change the game for consoles. Since, the consoles versions don't come out till end of next year sometime it's kind of hard not to think about how the controls and everything will work for the consoles. Hope they don't change that much because from all the fooage and articles this game is amazing.

I doubt they'll change much. At most they'll mod the controls to fit the controllers. Add achievements/trophies. Possibly take a few of the best fan created mods from the PC and include them on the console versions. That I'd enjoy seeing. It was hinted at, but as of yet, unconfirmed.

Really? That sounds awesome, about the fan created mods. Im not worried that much about the transition from Pc to console because I saw some footage of the "other console" version that seemed to be the same basic build as the PC version. Just wondering how the controls will work on the console versions. Time will tell though, hope they release more information on the consoles versions soon.

i am interested in how they are going t convert the controls over as well. i am having high hopes for this game, i think it will truly be one of the best games of the year. and we know it wont be complete crap since bioware is behind it all
Message 21 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2249 posts

Dec 21, 2008
Very awesome thread Papawarlock! I'm very excited for this game as I love darker themed games in general and most especially RPGs. This is on my list of games to get for next year as well as White Knight Chronicles and The Witcher when it's ported, though I already bought The Witcher for my PC, I couldn't wait for it. It's amazing!
Message 22 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Dec 22, 2008

Schobeleth wrote:
Very awesome thread Papawarlock! I'm very excited for this game as I love darker themed games in general and most especially RPGs. This is on my list of games to get for next year as well as White Knight Chronicles and The Witcher when it's ported, though I already bought The Witcher for my PC, I couldn't wait for it. It's amazing!

Thanks for the compliment. Above all, this is the game I have to buy. I'll be getting WKC, The Witcher, Sacred 2 and Demon's Souls as well, but if my wife told me I was limited to 1 game, I'd wait all year for this one. BioWare has yet to fail me in their game development. This looks beyond Epic.

Message 23 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 22, 2008

Sweet, another single player RPG I can keep on my shelf right next to Oblivion.  Can't wait for Sacred 2!

Message 24 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Feb 18, 2009

Dragon Age just seems so bland and generic though
It’s another fantasy RPG that seems like it plays like every other one. Try something new for god’s sake

BioWare does good stories and average games

Photobucket
Message 25 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Feb 18, 2009

rojito wrote:

Dragon Age just seems so bland and generic though
It’s another fantasy RPG that seems like it plays like every other one. Try something new for god’s sake

BioWare does good stories and average games

I'm not sure how Dragon Age is playing just like every other one. How many RPGs (that aren't MMOs) have different Origin stories depending on what character you create? How many RPGs have NPCs whose interaction with your character changes depending on what character you create? How many RPGs have interactive spells and environment? Like casting Fire on an oil slick? (Bioshock did but that's not an RPG). There's plenty of originality in this game.

Message 26 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Feb 18, 2009
Great job on the thread.  Definitely going to be picking this one up!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Get your Portable ID!
Message 27 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 21, 2009
This game is in the top three games I'm looking forward to this year. Just looks to be one great game.
Message 28 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Feb 21, 2009
It looks great. I wish it was multi-player.
Message 29 of 84 (11 Views)
0 Likes