Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Re: ~Dragon Age: Origins~ Information Thread

Jul 2, 2009

xLord-Slothx wrote:

By the way, the Official Website has been overhauled and the FAQ has been updated.

Yeah I noticed the site change (it's why I had to redo the pictures). Honestly I liked the original version of it better, but the blood dragon is sweet.

Message 41 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11922 posts

Jul 2, 2009

PapaWarlock wrote:

xLord-Slothx wrote:

By the way, the Official Website has been overhauled and the FAQ has been updated.

Yeah I noticed the site change (it's why I had to redo the pictures). Honestly I liked the original version of it better, but the blood dragon is sweet.

The changed it to match the trailers and most likely future commercials. They made it more mainstream, in my opinion. Though I really could care less how the site looks.

Message 42 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jul 2, 2009

OneEyeRed wrote:

There is a ton of info. at the DAO website and the Bioware forums for those interested. The game is basically a continuation of Baldur's Gate hence the Origins. This is going to be one of the best RPG's in years. The game iwll be released on PC first then console will follow later in the year.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

when's it out on PC?  me and some others don't think we can wait for a console release.  Plus I'm sure the PC version will have all sorts of add-ons and modded stuff.
(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 43 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11922 posts

Jul 2, 2009

iruhlman wrote:

OneEyeRed wrote:

There is a ton of info. at the DAO website and the Bioware forums for those interested. The game is basically a continuation of Baldur's Gate hence the Origins. This is going to be one of the best RPG's in years. The game iwll be released on PC first then console will follow later in the year.

when's it out on PC?  me and some others don't think we can wait for a console release.  Plus I'm sure the PC version will have all sorts of add-ons and modded stuff.
Both console and PC versions will be released on October 20th. This info comes from the official website FAQ. Also, there has been no talk about add-on content as of yet though I'm sure there will be for both versions, PC and console.
 http://dragonage.bioware.com/game_faq.html

Message 44 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Jul 2, 2009

iruhlman wrote:

OneEyeRed wrote:

As of right now, all three versions are due out on October 20th, 2009. Originally the PC version was due to release late this summer, but it was changed to a universal date. I found this information about the date change:

Why did the Release date change?

Both EA and BioWare are really excited about the potential of the game on both PC and consoles and we want to ensure we deliver a blockbuster, AAA BioWare-quality title - as the game is shaping up so well already. An incredible amount of time and effort has gone into Dragon Age: Origins and this extra time will ensure we deliver the quality kind of launch you have come to expect from our games.

The PC version is supposed to come with toolsets for users to create additional content. I came across this information on the FAQ about the toolset for you:

Will there be a toolset? 

Absolutely. BioWare and our fans have had great success, fun, and longevity using the Neverwinter Nights toolset and we want to again provide a powerful tool to let fans create their own adventures. The Dragon Age Toolset was recently shown to the public at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle back in August and we had a group of Neverwinter Nights content creators visit BioWare for a tutorial and hands-on session with the toolset. Videos showcasing the toolset can be seen in the World Builders gallery. More details on this powerful tool will be coming soon.

However they are being tight lipped about DLC of any kind, but say there will be more information about that come the New Year. I'm hoping that they can expand this game in many ways, like adding new Origins and classes/races. I'm really excited about this game and hope that it will live up to the self induced hype.

Message 45 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11922 posts

Jul 2, 2009

PapaWarlock wrote:

iruhlman wrote:

OneEyeRed wrote:

The PC version is supposed to come with toolsets for users to create additional content. I came across this information on the FAQ about the toolset for you:

Will there be a toolset? 

Absolutely. BioWare and our fans have had great success, fun, and longevity using the Neverwinter Nights toolset and we want to again provide a powerful tool to let fans create their own adventures. The Dragon Age Toolset was recently shown to the public at the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle back in August and we had a group of Neverwinter Nights content creators visit BioWare for a tutorial and hands-on session with the toolset. Videos showcasing the toolset can be seen in the World Builders gallery. More details on this powerful tool will be coming soon.

However they are being tight lipped about DLC of any kind, but say there will be more information about that come the New Year. I'm hoping that they can expand this game in many ways, like adding new Origins and classes/races. I'm really excited about this game and hope that it will live up to the self induced hype.

Wow, I must have over looked the user toolset addition for the PC in the FAQ. That is great news. I hope they release a PS3 toolset like Epic Games did with UT3. 
Nevermind. I just read the Toolset FAQ and there won't be a toolset for the PS3. Also, they are not sure if they will allow content transfers between PC and PS3 (like how UT3 modding works for the PS3). Well, either way it seems like I am buying both versions of the game now.  

Message Edited by xLord-Slothx on 07-02-2009 02:29 PM
Message 46 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jul 2, 2009

yepper...  I want that tool set!!  Hopefully its a bit better than what NWN had (although I hear part 2's was way better).

Hope it supports Windows Live too.

Message 47 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jul 2, 2009
Can you create your own character?
Message 48 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Jul 3, 2009

bluestopsign wrote:
Can you create your own character?

Yes.

How customizable will my character be?

Players will be able to customize the appearance of their character using the most detailed facial customization tool BioWare has created to date. Players can also choose their character's race, gender, and class. They will also choose their character's point of origin and backstory. Continued customization choices open up as the character gains levels.

There are 3 playable races to choose from: Human, Dwarf, Elf.

There are 3 jobs to choose from: Warrior, Mage, Rogue.

There are a total of 6 different Origins stories depending on race/job. There will be further customization available as you progress in the game and levels. 

Message 49 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Jul 3, 2009

xLord-Slothx wrote:

iruhlman wrote:

OneEyeRed wrote:

Both console and PC versions will be released on October 20th. This info comes from the official website FAQ. Also, there has been no talk about add-on content as of yet though I'm sure there will be for both versions, PC and console.
 http://dragonage.bioware.com/game_faq.html

sorry, I meant I'll be making my own content  =)

Message 50 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes