Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2011
By: Testarossa09 First Son 23 posts

Dragon Age Origins Question

3 replies 754 views Edited Dec 6, 2011

In Dragon Age Origins how do I know what weapons/Items I should sell or keep b/c I am constantly fulling up my inventory, but I don't want to sell anything because I don't know if I might need it later in the game. Anyone have any advice. Also which is better leveling up your people manually or Auto Level?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Re: Dragon Age Origins Question

Dec 8, 2011

Keep the best and sell the rest.

Special items needed later are kept in a seperate section of your inventory so don't worry about it. Theres only one set of gear I recommand keeping and its the heavy armor you find in the Deep Roads that's required as part of the main quest line. Dragon Age is odd in that you can buy better gear than what you can find, in most RPGs the the other way around. If you don't buy anything except training books and backpacks and save your money, by the end of the game before the last fight you should have more than enough money to buy all of the best gear for your four main characters.

Make sure you keep all Dragon Scales (I think that's the name of them) that you come across. They are used to make the best tank gear in the game.

Also, armor doesn't make that much of a difference in Dragon Age as it does in other games. You can go up against the last boss with the best armor in the game or with starter gear and never notice the difference.

When leveling do it manually. Auto level will put points in attributes and skills that make no sense or aren't that useful. You will almost always build the characters better if you do it yourself unless you do some crazy stuff with your characters.

Message 2 of 4 (754 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Dec 9, 2011

Testarossa09 wrote:

In Dragon Age Origins how do I know what weapons/Items I should sell or keep b/c I am constantly fulling up my inventory, but I don't want to sell anything because I don't know if I might need it later in the game. Anyone have any advice. Also which is better leveling up your people manually or Auto Level?

Thanks

If you have the DLC Wardens Keep , there is a chest that you get to store your extra items.

Message 3 of 4 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Dec 13, 2011

veronicamars wrote:

Testarossa09 wrote:

Thanks

If you have the DLC Wardens Keep , there is a chest that you get to store your extra items.

^^This was invaluable when it was added. 

Like Draco mentioned, just hang onto whatever is best for you and for your group, and sell the rest.  I suggest only selling weapons and armor to the dwarves in your camp (I forget their names at the moment) as you can always buy it back later just in case.  Also, always check each shop/seller for backpacks!   They are absolutely invaluable, especialling when you go to the deep roads and don't see a shop for a while. 

-SP

Message 4 of 4 (754 Views)
0 Likes