Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2009
By: Lestat21500 Lombax Warrior 188 posts

Dragon Age Overhyped & Overrated

49 replies 689 views Edited Nov 5, 2009

I couldnt find a forum on here for this so I suppose I'll rant here. When I saw the trailers and gameplay footage I expected a free roaming rpg with co-op capability. Now dont get me wrong, Bioware is a great company and made a good game. I just feel it wasnt what I was expecting and was waaaaaaaay overhyped.  Not to mention there is already DLC the day of launch. **bleep**!?  Why wasnt it included on the disc? Because its EA and they're just trying to make a few more bucks. Well whatever, I'm not buying it.

I feel the definitive edition for dragon age is definatly the PC version. The console versions chug along because they cant handle the graphics and combat on the console versions is archaic compared to the PC point and click function. NOt to mention, the pc has the abilities bar on the bottom of the screen whereas the ps3 I have to select a radial menu to highlight my abilities most of the time and that slows combat down.

Good game with great production values I just feel it was a tad overhyped for its own benefit.

Get your Portable ID!
Kudos! Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 50 (689 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Re: Dragon Age Overhyped & Overrated

Nov 5, 2009
Is it really that below expectations? I was planning on buying it.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Nov 5, 2009
In my opinion its really nothing special as it was made out to be. If you've ever played neverwinter nights 2 then this game is almost completely a clone of it with more varations on story development.  Same graphics and linear maps, as in the maps of towns where quests are given "and" completed are very small and all the quests are close to one another.  But I've been only playing for 14 hours and its a 60 hour minimum game.

Get your Portable ID!
Kudos! Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2205 posts

Nov 5, 2009
i havent gotten to play the game yet but from what i have seen from the videos, i am liking the consoles radial menu compared to the pc ability bar. and although i dont know the entire story with the dlc on launch day but there is always a "what if" scenerio, like what if they had the layout of the physical game already and by the time the thought of the dlc came along it would have cost alot more to go back and put them in the physical copy??? like i said, we dont know the whole story with the dlc thing so i wouldnt decide to hate on a company when you dont know their reasoning.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Sounds to me that you should have done a little research before buying it instead of being so quick on the draw. 

As for DLC, most of it was for free for people that pre-ordered it wherever - they just gave others, who didn't use the pre-order opporutnity to get all the stuff, a chance to get the items, too, but not for free.  I see no problem with that. 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Terror_Hawk

Go ahead, call me the Human Torch. See what I did there?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
943 posts

Nov 5, 2009
I think the game is a blast.  Having a ton of fun with it.  There are reasons why there is already DLC, and some of it is free.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4642 posts

Nov 5, 2009
Thankfully I don't want free roaming or any online capabilities, just a great story with lots of character interraction and dialog like KOTOR had. From all I've read DAO delivers very well on these fronts. I don't have it yet but plan to buy it next week for PS3. My old-ass PC won't run it and don't like PC gaming anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 50 (689 Views)
Gaming Beast
2551 posts

Nov 5, 2009

I'm with Robin,...I cant put the game down . You see,..I love every type of rpg,...but the story in yhis is like a magnet to me. And I don't know how anyone could be surprised by th game style. Iv'e been reading articles about this game for more than a year. ......Ohhhh,..now I see,.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Xajen1 wrote:
Is it really that below expectations? I was planning on buying it.
I have to be honest, I'm not enjoying it. I think I'm much more of a fan of JRPGs than western RPGs

ablecain1
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Nov 5, 2009
wow I can't believe you guy's don't like it.. Well IMO it's a great game I Played Knights of the old Republic (on the other console) & loved it played as a jedi & a sith and enjoyed it dearly.. When I read up on the game Bioware was going for the same feel & it immediately intrigue me.. I'm going on 20 Hrs in 2 days, & it's tuff to put it down. I'm playing as a Mage ( Race Elf ) lvl 10 ( on Normal setting's ) Just killing the game ( I have both the Dlc & the extra addon's).. The graphics are alright but the gameplay & cut sence's are mind blowning/ funny.. the first 1hr or 2 was a little boring but it quickly Heated up..
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes