Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 24 2012
By: debola31 First Son 2 posts

Great fantasy action RPG's like dragon age 2.

9 replies 7763 views Edited May 24, 2012

I LOVED dragon age 2. Its been one of the best games ive ever played. I disliked it repetitiveness but the action and fast paced fighting made up for it for me. I hated skyrim and am not a fan of the elder skrolls series. I like white knight chronicles a bit but not enough to try the part II. I'm looking for suggestions on good games to try out.

I guess i'm more of a fan of "team" based action rpg's like dragon age and white knight. I'm also a fan of the star ocean series and final fantasies.

Can anyone suggest a game that would be right for me?

Message 1 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Re: Great fantasy action RPG's like dragon age 2.

May 24, 2012

If you dig the more action-oriented battle system, Tales of Graces F has released in the past few months. The game uses a combo-based Star Ocean-like battle system where you take on enemies with your AI or friend-operated teammates. You can have a friend sit with you on the game to combat the enemies if you wish.

There's only one Star Ocean to release on the PlayStation 3, but as per usual it's a good one. Star Ocean: The Last Hope International is worth playing if you haven't gotten it yet. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 are the two Final Fantasy games to have made it in the PlayStation 3 generation as well.

As for other RPG titles, there's Resonance of Fate, a semi-turn-based effort that hands the characters guns to deal damage. In Marvel Ultimate Alliance along with a friend you can carry a team of superheroes through enemy lairs. Dragon's Dogma is just coming out itself, wherein you go against fabled creatures such as dragons and a chimera.

Message 2 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

May 24, 2012

Dragon Age: Origins

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (not team based but great game)

Message 3 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

May 24, 2012

while I thought Dragon Age II was a train wreck,

Dragon age Origins was excellent. if you're a fan of "team" based RPG's you

really want to check out Dragons Dogma it's excellent and your team is Vastly

more important then either Dragon Age game, as is the Pawns A.I.

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Message 4 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

May 24, 2012

Sorry to troll but I saw the name of this thread and it made me laugh.

I have to ask what other RPG's have you played? I only ask because IMO if you think DA2 was one of the best games you've ever played you obviously have not played many good WRPG's.

So this post has some relevance Dragon Age Origins but if you think DA2 was really good then you might not like DAO......one because the fighting is not faced paced.

Message 5 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 25, 2012

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think i might take a look at dragons dogma.

@johntown: Ive played a lot of RPG's.Ive finished most of the Final fantasies from 7 to 14. 14 being the online version which im still playing. I also tried skyrim but the lousy action and lack of entertaining plot bored me. Ive finished both the DA's, although i preferred the 2nd. I can understand why you all hate it. The repetitiveness can be sickening and the fact that you couldnt level up to as high as you wanted due to the lack of people to fight was annoying. I still really enjoyed the game anyway.

Message 6 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

May 29, 2012

You might like Dragon's Dogma. It just came out and it's vast and open-world like Skyrim but has a much more fun combat system. It's not a perfect game, and has some odd issues but I am having quite a bit of fun with it.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

May 31, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur or Nier. both are more action-orientated in their combat.

Message 8 of 10 (7,763 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Message 9 of 10 (7,423 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Definitely would say KOA and Dragons Dogma. Mass effect series is just as awesome too
Message 10 of 10 (5,116 Views)
0 Likes