Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2012
By: renegade00wolf First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Need to buy new PS3. Will I be able to keep my DLC?

4 replies 2860 views Edited Mar 24, 2012

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I played DA:smileysurprised: and DAII on my brother's PS3 when he stilled lived with me and I bought all the downloadable content for DAII (under my own account). But he recently moved out and took the PS3 with him.

So I'll be getting a new PS3 soon, but will I be able to re-download the DLC without having to buy it all again if I use the same account?

Message 1 of 5 (2,860 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Re: Need to buy new PS3. Will I be able to keep my DLC?

Mar 24, 2012

As long as the DLC is tied to your user account, it should be there when logging in again. What you'll need to do when setting up the new PlayStation 3 is sign into your name again (the PlayStation 3 will at first identify you as a new user). Once that's all done you'll have to login to the PlayStation Store and view the list of download history you've made. This being located on the upper right-hand tabs, scroll through all purchases and non-purchases made until reaching the Dragon Age content.

Another way to go about it is searching the store for the Dragon Age content you've purchased, whether by going into the Dragon Age folder again (where you should see a red basket symbol over purchased goods) or by typing in "Dragon Age" through the search tool also located in the upper right-hand tabs.

Message 2 of 5 (2,860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 25, 2012

Thanks! That is good news. :-]

Message 3 of 5 (2,860 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Mar 30, 2012

On a side note, don't forget you can deactivate your account on your brother's PS3 if you are over you limit for activated accounts and downloads. 

-SP

Message 4 of 5 (2,860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Cool, I was just wondering about that yesterday. :-] Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (2,860 Views)
0 Likes