Nov 24 2009
By: paul1975 Sackboy 545 posts

New to RPG's - will I like this?

4 replies 30 views Edited Nov 24, 2009
Would Dragon Age be a good game for an RPG noob?
Message 1 of 5 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: New to RPG's - will I like this?

Nov 25, 2009
I don't play many RPGs either, but I find myself very addicted to this game.  I would recommend this game if you have patience and can appreciate aspects of the game other than combat.  Don't get me wrong, it has plenty of combat, it just isn't a fast paced action game.  If you don't have any patience then you will probably get bored and annoyed by all the talking, setting up tactics, keeping your party properly equipped, random exploring and such.  Again, if you don't give up on games easily then you could really grow to love this game.  Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 5 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Nov 25, 2009

I honestly dont think so from the information given. It is a very tactical game and you do need to plan ahead if you want to be strong. It also can be quite difficult at times too. It is an amazing game though.

But in all honesty we cant give you a good recomendation based off of "im an RPG noob"

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Fencejumpr
Message 3 of 5 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Nov 25, 2009

FenceJumpr wrote:

I honestly dont think so from the information given. It is a very tactical game and you do need to plan ahead if you want to be strong. It also can be quite difficult at times too. It is an amazing game though.

But in all honesty we cant give you a good recomendation based off of "im an RPG noob"

You'll learn as time goes on.

I don't have the game, but it looks pretty good. All my exp is from Oblivion.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 4 of 5 (30 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11212 posts

Nov 25, 2009
Possibly. There is an easy mode. I would suggest renting it first to see if you like it or can get into it at all.
Message 5 of 5 (30 Views)
0 Likes