Jan 19 2013
By: chickenbonetom Welcoming Committee 7466 posts

All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First Week

57 replies 1269 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

skyrimdragonbornscreenshot1.jpg

The wait is nearly over PS3 owners! Bethesda has announced today that all of the DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is currently planned to come to the PlayStation Network in February.

Though a firm date wasn’t given for the three pieces of content, we do know that it will be a staggered release, with Dragonborn arriving first, Hearthfire second, and Dawnguard third. Prior to Dragonborn hitting the PSN, title update 1.8 will be released, meaning that your copy of Skyrim will get quite a workout in February.

Also, in what can only be taken as an apology for taking so long to come to PS3, all of the DLC will be 50% off during launch week. If the pricing holds true to the Xbox 360 version, you’ll pay $10 each for Dragonborn and Dawnguard during their first week, with Hearthfire running you $2.50.

In case you aren’t fully up to date with what each pack brings, check this out:

Hearthfire

• Choose Your Land: Choose from property in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch, the forests of Falkreath, or the vast tundra of The Pale. For the more ambitious landowner, purchase multiple plots and start building a real estate empire.
  • Customize Your Home: Expand your home with a variety of room combinations including an armory, alchemy tower, kitchen, trophy room and more. Grow plants in your new greenhouse, cultivate slaughterfish in the fish hatchery, house your Arcane Enchanter in the enchanting tower, or display your latest conquest in the trophy room. Add additional features like stables, mills, smelters, gardens and more.
  • New Objectives and Interactions: Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.
  • Adoption: Transform your house into a home with Hearthfire’s all-new adoption system. Adopt children and discover new ways to interact with your family. Play games with the kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family.

Dawnguard

• New Weapons, Armor, Spells and Shouts: Join the Dawnguard and wield all new crossbows and craft your own arrows, bolts, and Dragonbone weapons. Use new weapons, armor, spells and shouts, including the Soul Tear shout – that rips the souls from your enemies and turns them into your minions.
  • Become a Vampire Lord: Side with the vampires and become a Vampire Lord yourself. Hover across the ground, turn yourself into bats, levitate your enemies as you drain their life, and more. The Vampire Lord features its own upgradable perk system.
  • Werewolf Perks added: Playing as a werewolf now has its own upgradable perk system including Bestial Strength, Animal Vigor, and Savage Feeding.
  • New Locations and Creatures: Choose from two new fortresses to upgrade and call home, Castle Volkihar or Fort Dawnguard. Discover lost valleys and travel to a new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Battle new creatures including Death Hounds, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls, and all new vampires and dragons.

Dragonborn

• Explore Beyond Skyrim: Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the Ultimate Dragonborn: Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New Powers: Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more: Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 58 (1,269 Views)
Wastelander
804 posts

Re: All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First Week

Jan 19, 2013

According to other sites with this news, all three DLCs will be arriving on February 5th.

I suppose the thread I posted a few hours ago is not good enough.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 58 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Re: All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First Week

Jan 21, 2013

The PS3 DLC will be out some time in February.  The PC version is Feb 5th.  That's what I've read all over the place.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 58 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Can't wait to play the DLC. Finally something new to do in my Skyrim game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 58 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

Can't wait to play the DLC. Finally something new to do in my Skyrim game.

Same here and that 50% Discount for the first week they are released on the PSN Store really makes the wait worth it. All those other suckers had to pay Full Price lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 58 (1,177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jan 27, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Same here and that 50% Discount for the first week they are released on the PSN Store really makes the wait worth it. All those other suckers had to pay Full Price lol.

Bethesda strategically made the DLC's 50% off for a week, so the suckers would buy it without having time to see how severely the DLC's break the game, and it will break the game. The DLC's should be permanently 50% off and 75% off for a week. 

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 58 (1,164 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

Jan 27, 2013

RichieAppel wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Bethesda strategically made the DLC's 50% off for a week, so the suckers would buy it without having time to see how severely the DLC's break the game, and it will break the game. The DLC's should be permanently 50% off and 75% off for a week. 

Jus suks I got to re-buy Skyrim now. I sold it after I Plated it and saw they weren't giving the PS3 Ver. DLC Support. I'm sure they fixed the broken DLC at this point so there's prob nuthin to worry about.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 58 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jan 27, 2013

You did the right thing getting rid of the game, and you shouldn't buy it back for anythihg, especially DLC.

Bethesda still has yet to fix the broken vanilla game, so what makes you think they miraculously fixed the DLC and it will work as it should? You can't add broken DLC on an already broken foundation and expect it to work properly. It's practically a guarantee that DLC will break the game. Discount or not the DLC isn't worth it, when it does break your game you won't be getting a refund, so it's smarter to just save your money for a game that actually works by devs who actually care for and support their product, and listen to their fanbase. The only reason Bethesda is putting out the DLC whether it breaks your game or not is to avoid lawsuits, they packaged the Skyrim disc with the "Downloadable Content" tag on the back of the box, so their hands are legally tied to get some kind of DLC out, once it's out their legal matters are covered, and then they can crawl back into their dungeon and put up their wall of silence when all of the complaints about broken DLC's come flooding in. Bethesda doesn't care about their customers, they only care about their money and keeping their legal butts covered

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 58 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Not all PS3's are the same. I, and many others didn't have the problems with Skyrim that plagued the forums. My first save file became gigantic before they patched it, but I had very few freezes and the framerate drops weren't all that bad either. I know I'm lucky in this regard, but to say Bethesda doesn't care is just being bitter.

The bottom line with all companies is profit. Game companies are no different, but I think that Bethesda is more responsive to it's community than most these days. Could they improve? Of course! Nobody is perfect, that is certain.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 58 (1,118 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

You just didn't notice the problems, that's all. Your game still froze, your game still lagged, you still have quest items stuck in your inventory. If you did the Louis Letrush quest you probably have multiple Louis' outside the Whiterun stables, with half of them stuck in the ground. Just because you didn't notice the serveity of the problems doesn't mean you didn't have them. The game was poorly ported as cheaply as possible from Xbox to PS3 without any consideration to the PS3 architecture. It was a pure cash grab.

-Tweet(Pete) Hines lied to you when he said the console versions are of equal parity, fidelity, and frame rate.

-Tweet Hines and Tool(Todd) Howard lied to everyone on all platforms when they said Skyrim runs on an entirely new engine, which it doesn't. There's updated but still outdated graphics, but the Creation Engine is basically new in name only. Especially when the exact same problems from previous games on the "old" engine appear in the "new" engine.

-Tool Howard lied about, the patching system that would update automatically, when patches have taken months to deliver, and in the case of PS3 delivered way later, and combined together. Patch 1.6 and 1.7 as an example. We're also still waiting for patch 1.8 which has been out on the other two platforms since October for PC and November for Xbox. The 1.8 patch has a very short fix list but a few are related to the vanilla game, and the PS3 is in sore need of one of the fixes.

-A little harder to prove but Tool Howard lied about the automated games running 24 hours a day prior to release, to squash bugs, resulting in a game that is just as buggy as previous Bethesda games.

-Bethesda knew the PS3 would run into issues before release, but did nothing about it prior to 11-11-11. On top of that you have Tool Howard admitting in January 2012 to Kotaku that they knew about the problems, but thought they had minimized them, which they obviously didn't.

-Bethesda purposely delayed all work on PS3 DLC just so their favored system could have Dragonborn in December.

-Bethesda's idea of "fixing" the PS3 version is to downgrade the draw distance to ridiculous levels. Foliage, animals, and NPC's now pop-in right in front of your character.

-They continually make excuses that the PS3 is so hard to work on, an excuse that stopped being factual years ago, since other devs are able to make PS3 versions of their games that do run equal to the other console. Bethesda obviously spent minimal effort learning to develop on the PS3 when their developer suite was delivered to them from Sony.

So what will it take for people to stop supporting this terrible dev studio? How many lies, half truths, and terrible functionality will you put up with before realising that this company, though they carry a AAA title, are actually amateurs who really don't deserve to be developing games. And please don't give me the "it's such a huge world there's bound to be bugs" excuse, because Bethesda has been using this same engine for 10+ years all the way back to Morrowind. They should know this engine so well they can develop games in their sleep, with minimal bugs. Instead we get games with bug/glitch lists miles long.

*Sorry for the long time to edit I sent the original post as I was heading out the door.*

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 58 (1,112 Views)