Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7576 posts

Re: All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First Week

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

I never personally had any problems with the way the game played so there really isn't anythin to complain about lol. Never played the DLC so I can't say if they will have gltches or not. But I doubt they will be broken as the game itself isn't broken at all (At least from what I played). It plays fine just like any other game I played on my PS3. I put in over 300+ hrs into my save file it's over 17 MB and Got the Plat all with zero problems.

Message 11 of 58 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7576 posts

Re: All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First Week

Jan 28, 2013

waslain69 wrote:

Not all PS3's are the same. I, and many others didn't have the problems with Skyrim that plagued the forums. My first save file became gigantic before they patched it, but I had very few freezes and the framerate drops weren't all that bad either. I know I'm lucky in this regard, but to say Bethesda doesn't care is just being bitter.

The bottom line with all companies is profit. Game companies are no different, but I think that Bethesda is more responsive to it's community than most these days. Could they improve? Of course! Nobody is perfect, that is certain.

^ What he said

Message 12 of 58 (346 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2013

May have to get back into this game... :smileywink:

Message 13 of 58 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I guess waiting in the long run pays off :smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 58 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

It's going to really pay off when the DLC's make the game unplayable, and they will. Everyone thinks Bethesda is going to fix the bugs, but you've got another thing coming. The same bugs that show up in the Xbox versions of the DLC's also show up in the PC DLC's even though the PC DLC's come out a month or more later than the Xbox version, so rest assured the same bugs will appear in the PS3 version. The only reason there has been this long delay is because Bethesda purposely delayed DLC's so the Xbox could get Dragonborn in December. Bethesda is the only AAA developer that can't produce DLC's in a reasonable time, exclusivity bribes aside. Other devs can produce DLC's simultaneously, Gearbox for example with Borderlands 2 DLC. I know I sound bitter and I agree I am, because I've been around this carousel with Bethesda before. I've seen the same thing happen to Fallout 3's DLC, which was delayed for a long period of time on the PS3, and broke the game, and with Fallout: New Vegas which I know wasn't developed by Bethesda, but it is Bethesda's IP. In defense of F:NV Obsidian only took an exclusivity bribe for the first DLC, Dead Money, but all of the DLC's did break the game to unplayable levels. F:NV was the straw that broke the camels back for me, but even I fell for all of the lies mentioned in my previous post on page 1 and I regretably bought Skyrim. The only thing I want from Bethesda now, since they obviously aren't going to fix the PS3 version of Skyrim, is for Bethesda to go out of business. It's a real shame that other companies who are passionate about their games, have to go out of business, and this piece of **** company gets to stay in business.

Edit to add: Dawnguard was beta tested for a week, when it was first released. Did Bethesda fix the bugs found by the beta testers? NO. Why you might ask? Because when Fallout: New Vegas had their PS3 DLC nightmare, Bethesda employee Jason Bergman admitted that because the way the DLC's integrate into the main game, that DLC's can't be patched. The Dawnguard beta was purely a PR move to minimize all of the complaints that were coming in from all users on all platforms, and it made them look like they were doing something, when in actuality they were doing nothing.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.

Neotopia, where popularity contests count as democracy.
Message 15 of 58 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7576 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Dude we haven't even seen how the DLC is gonna play as it hasn't even been released yet lol. So I really don't get how u can keep demonizing it. AT least wait and confirm it's a glitch fest b4 u go and bitttch up a storm about it geez.

Message 16 of 58 (295 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 30, 2013

^ For real

Message 17 of 58 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Re: All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First WeekI

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

I'm basing my conclusion on previous Bethesda titles, with the exception of Oblivion their games have run **bleep** poorly once DLC is added. The only reason Oblivion runs so well is because 4J studios did the porting for Bethesda, and Bethesda only allowed 2 pieces of DLC to be released to the PS3. With a track record that bad, and judging by how severely broken Skyrim itself is, it's more than likely the DLC is going to break the game.

Message 18 of 58 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7576 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Skyrim-Dragonborn-Header.png

All Skyrim DLC Has Passed Certification from SCEA, Bethesda is “Waiting to Hear the Exact Dates”

Even after Bethesda announced that we would see The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim DLC starting in February, I was still very hesitant about believing them, considering they had been delayed before.

They’ve laid my fears to rest though, as it was announced today that all three pieces of DLC (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn) have passed Sony Computer Entertainment America certification, with patch 1.8 passing as well. As for European certification, that is currently being finalized, and Bethesda said that they are “waiting to hear the exact dates” on all the DLC.

When they do release, you can expect Dragonborn to arrive first, Hearthfire second, and Dawnguard third, all at 50% off each during their launch week.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifetsyle

Message 19 of 58 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I have my popcorn ready, for the entertainment that will surely ensue once the DLC's are released. History is about to repeat itself for the third time, and I'm going to continue wondering why anyone would support this dev studio.

Message 20 of 58 (257 Views)
0 Likes