Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Re: [Announced] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

Dec 17, 2010

My guess is it wil be as big as what is on the map. Which means it will be smaller than Oblivion but it is possible they may include parts from other areas but I highly doubt it.

Message 41 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Dec 17, 2010

johntown wrote:

My guess is it wil be as big as what is on the map. Which means it will be smaller than Oblivion but it is possible they may include parts from other areas but I highly doubt it.

That's what my thoughts are. But in my opinion, there shouldn't be any reason not to build a larger map than in a previous game. That's why I said I hope they change the scale of things to make it match the size of the map in oblivion, if not make it larger, or as you said include some parts of other areas. 

The only thing that I can see is that there is going to be a countless (exaggerating) number of caves, trails, underground tunnels, etc. Which in my opinion those can get old... Hopefully there are plenty of peaks and areas in the mountains that they will allow us to use. 

Message 42 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Dec 18, 2010

Awesome news. I'll be happy to wait a year for this game.

Message 43 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Dec 19, 2010

I hope so. Perhaps an expansion pack will allow us to venture into, say, High Rock?

Message 44 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2890 posts

Dec 19, 2010

BurntToast wrote:

BigDally13 wrote:

I really hope they do a little more with the landscape and map. I want a larger map than in Oblivion and with more towns, forts, population, etc. It got too boring sometimes, it was like the world against you too often in my opinion, which is fine but there needs to be more to do. Looking at the map though Skyrim is significantly smaller than Cyrodill. 

Yes, Skyrim is smaller than Cyrodiil but if you compare Cyrodiil to Vvardenfell, the latter is smaller but theMorrowind was actually bigger than Oblivion. So just because its smaller on the map doesnt mean it will be smaller in-game.

yea, Vvardenfell just felt so much bigger. maybe because you couldn't see the center of the map everywhere you went? I really didn't like how Cyrodiil was a giant bowl, and i'm not sure if Skyrim is going to be much better since it's a mountain region.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 45 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Dec 19, 2010

This article suggests that Bethesda will in fact include High Rock and Hammerfell, at some point. The author of the article believes that Bethesda will be very generous and daring when it comes to the areas we are given to play. He basically says that they are fully capable of giving us a larger area than just Skyrim and is confident they will include other territories. I don't know the credibility of the site or the author so just take it for what it is. 

There's also a comment section where people have given their ideas and wants.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=280553

Message 46 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4431 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Yes I'm very excited for this game! I think its about time because fallout is starting to get a TAD boring. Still a good game but its good that there coming out with something new a fresh. Won't have to stare at desert the whole time, there will be more color and variety! :manwink:

Photobucket

Message 47 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Dec 20, 2010

BigDally13 wrote:

I really hope they do a little more with the landscape and map. I want a larger map than in Oblivion and with more towns, forts, population, etc. It got too boring sometimes, it was like the world against you too often in my opinion, which is fine but there needs to be more to do. Looking at the map though Skyrim is significantly smaller than Cyrodill. 

Yes, Skyrim is smaller than Cyrodiil but if you compare Cyrodiil to Vvardenfell, the latter is smaller but Morrowind was actually bigger than Oblivion. So just because its smaller on the map doesnt mean it will be smaller in-game.

Message 48 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Dec 20, 2010

BigDally13 wrote:

This article suggests that Bethesda will in fact include High Rock and Hammerfell, at some point. The author of the article believes that Bethesda will be very generous and daring when it comes to the areas we are given to play. He basically says that they are fully capable of giving us a larger area than just Skyrim and is confident they will include other territories. I don't know the credibility of the site or the author so just take it for what it is. 

There's also a comment section where people have given their ideas and wants.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=280553

That is an old article but I hope they at least have High Rock included........either that or they make the scale of Skyrim much larger but then that may seem weird if you are playing Skyrim and it is bigger than Oblivion but on the map it is smaller. Hopefully, they include both of those areas but I would settle for either one (hopefully both). Actually, I just happy the game is coming out.

I hope they have more Daedric realms that we are able to go to.....either in DLC or the game itself. Hopefully they have at least one Daedric realm we can visit in the main game.

Message 49 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2532 posts

Dec 23, 2010

I'm stoked about the game.. Can't wait until November to come so I can get my Elder scroll fix.. Can't believe it's going to be in skyrim I just hope we can go in to the woods and cut tree's down like daggerfalls on the Pc.. That is the only thing that I disliked about Oblivion but I won't let something so small stand in the way..

Bethesda does a great job on the series and I can't wait to get more info about this is the up coming year up to release..

Free userbars
Message 50 of 78 (16 Views)
0 Likes