Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: Ban_16_ Lombax Warrior 134 posts

Anyone replaying Skyrim because of new DLC?

21 replies 668 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

Ever since I heard the announcement of the DLC finally coming to PS3, I felt like starting a new game and building a strong character in anticipation of it all. I'm just so excited I can't hide it! Am I alone here?

Message 1 of 22 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Re: Anyone replaying Skyrim because of new DLC?

Jan 23, 2013

I never stopped playing Skyrim.  I have three characters and hundreds of hours logged into the game, and still feel that I have things to do.  It was unplayable at first, but I was one of the lucky folks for whom gameplay issues largely cleared up after 1.04.  I'm very excited about the prospect of having new missions to go on as I level the skills of my characters. 

Photobucket
Message 2 of 22 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Mylo_Cordana wrote:

I never stopped playing Skyrim.  I have three characters and hundreds of hours logged into the game, and still feel that I have things to do.  It was unplayable at first, but I was one of the lucky folks for whom gameplay issues largely cleared up after 1.04.  I'm very excited about the prospect of having new missions to go on as I level the skills of my characters. 

I never had any issues, either. I just turned off all autosaves because I didn't mind manually saving, and not a problem was ever encountered. Except for the occasional freeze, but for me it happened about as often as it did on the other two platforms.

Message 3 of 22 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
235 posts

Jan 23, 2013

The DLC's are going to break your game. Enjoy!

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.

The Neotopians, need to realize that the free market will decide which project will get funded. If the free market doesn't want Neotopia, they will have to get over that.
Message 4 of 22 (655 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I have to cause no else is going to stop vampire attacks,the first Dragonborn's return,and worst of all...houses you have to build. The only problems are the infamous bugs and glitches. I hope it doesn't mess up my file...forcing me to start over. 7 times if too much.

Message 5 of 22 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jan 24, 2013

RichieAppel wrote:

The DLC's are going to break your game. Enjoy!

Maybe, but I'm hoping they won't! We'll just have to wait and see.

Message 6 of 22 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
235 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

It's practically guaranteed to break your game, just like Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The vanilla Skyrim game is so broken that duct taping DLC on top of it will surely turm your game into 1 frame every 20 minutes.

This is what is going to happen to your game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gWvxHWFuI

The Neotopians, need to realize that the free market will decide which project will get funded. If the free market doesn't want Neotopia, they will have to get over that.
Message 7 of 22 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jan 30, 2013

RichieAppel wrote:

It's practically guaranteed to break your game, just like Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The vanilla Skyrim game is so broken that duct taping DLC on top of it will surely turm your game into 1 frame every 20 minutes.

This is what is going to happen to your game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gWvxHWFuI

Looks very morbid. I do have the creeping suspicion Bethesda may have just said "Forget it, let's just release it and pray" instead of working on the DLC, but I can't know for sure until I test it myself. *fingers crossed*

Message 8 of 22 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
235 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

If I were you, I would hold off on buying the DLC at all, but I know you want to take advantage of the strategically chosen 1 week discount. I've been around this carousel before with Bethesda, so I am positive of the outcome of adding DLC. This may be your first go round with Bethesda, and you're completely naive and overly optimistic. I'm not trying to shoot a BB into your balloon, but you should honestly wait for reviews, not only from review sites such as IGN, but also by monitoring the Bethesda forums before making the decision to purchase the DLC. As I've said before once the DLC  is installed and it does break your game, you won't be getting a refund, so you're basically throwing money away that could be spent in better ways.

Bethesda has said "forget it release it anyway." After all they have to recoup the money they spent to produce the DLC's on PS3. They're also trying to cover their butts legally and they know once the DLC is out, nothing can be done about the quality of it, because there is no law preventing software companies from releasing a broken product, and there is no oversight in the gaming industry to prevent exactly what Bethesda does. They also understand that they've really burned bridges with the PS3 crowd by continually releasing one broken game after another, and they want to hold on to what little fans they have left.

Message 9 of 22 (554 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Message 10 of 22 (517 Views)
0 Likes