Mar 05 2013
By: ManWithoutFear86 First Son 3 posts

Framerate trouble...DLC's to blame?

6 replies 207 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

Ok, here's my problem.

Ever since I downloaded the DLC's (I've got all 3 of them), my frame rate has gone down.  I find that if I turn off the console and let it cool off, it works for a while after that.  But after a few hours, the game gets glitchy and, for lack of a better term, "choppy" after that.  I'm sure we've all run into this type of problem before, so I ask you:  is this due to the DLC's or overheating...or both?:smileyfrustrated:

Message 1 of 7 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17479 posts

Re: Framerate trouble...DLC's to blame?

Mar 5, 2013

It could be anything. The general consensus is that once your game save hits 10MB or higher things start to get annoying. I have all 3 DLCs and a 16MB game save. After a few hours on straight playing I get unplayable amounts of Lag and framerate issues. And I basically do what you do. Quit game, let the system set a minute, and go back to playing.

Message 2 of 7 (203 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Could overheating still somehow be involved? I'm starting to wonder in an Inercooler might help...
Message 3 of 7 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17479 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Keeping electronics cool is always a good idea, so couldnt hurt. But as far as being the cause of this specific problem I doubt it, since I have an extremely similar problem as you do with skyrim, but dont have any issues with my other games.

Are you having issues with other games?

Message 4 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Not really, no. Everything else's seems to run smoothly.
Message 5 of 7 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13450 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I don't recall have framerate problems with Dawnguard, but Dragonborn was terrible. Especially Tel Mythrin. Most freezes I've had lately were in that spot on the map. It's annoying. And this is on the 360.

Message 6 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1541 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I now have all three DLCs installed, and missions from Dragonborn and Dawnguard still open, so this has pushed my savefile size up to over 17Mb. This goes a long way to the more rapid attack of the lags, I'm sure.

I've had no freezes or crashes, but things seem to get bunged up more rapidly.

Message 7 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes