Jan 19 2013
By: Mylo_Cordana Wastelander 809 posts

IGN: "All Skyrim DLC Packs Coming to PS3 in February 2013"

13 replies 683 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

According to IGN's weekly gaming show, The Daily Fix, all of the available DLC packs for Skyrim, including Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire, will be released for the PlayStation 3 in February 2013.

The show's hostess, whose name I did not catch, stated "Bethesda has announced that all the Skyrim DLC packs will finally arrive on the PS3 in February..."  She also said, "Dragonborn will arrive on the PS3 on February 5th.  As an apology of sorts, the PS3 DLC will be discounted by 50% for the first week."

With the initial performance of the retail game on the PS3 and Bethesda's previous doubts that Dawnguard could ever be released on Sony's console, I am very skeptical as to how these new packs will preform.  If DLC ever made it to the PS3, I intended to wait several weeks to see if anyone reported any issues with the add-ons.  It seems that, by discounting the DLC for only one week, Bethesda is trying to discourage me from doing just that.  I do not want to be the voice of doom, but I want to maintain a healthy skeptism now that all three DLC pack have been confirmed for the PlayStation 3.  

Dawnguarded.jpg

Photobucket
Message 1 of 14 (683 Views)
Survivor
2787 posts

Re: IGN: "All Skyrim DLC Packs Coming to PS3 in February 2013"

Jan 22, 2013

Can't wait for this! Although I probably won't be able to get it on time to get take advantage of the 50% discount, I will eventually get it.

Message 2 of 14 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I know everybody has their own tastes but I found Dawnguard to be extremely disappointing. Unless you are a completionist and must get every Skyrim trophy I can't recommend it. Hearthfire, on the other hand, may be a small and simple DLc but I looooove it. If you like to semi-roleplay you can adopt two orphans to live with you and your spouse.

Can't wait for Dragonborn though.

p.s. I have Skyrim for PC, not my PS3.

Message 3 of 14 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Without spoiling any story bits, what it is you did not like about Dawnguard?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well for starters you'll get random enemy encounters inside the major cities.  It's NOT fun at all when a bunch of NPCs turn up dead before you can help save them. So frustrating if they are quest-givers and you get the pop-up saying you failed.

Plus more of the same dungeons... meh. At least with Dragonborn coming around the corner it's adding a whole "new" island.

Message 5 of 14 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Random enemy enounters inside major cities?  You mean cities already in the game like Whiterun and whatnot?

Photobucket
Message 6 of 14 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yes Mylo, cities in the vanilla game suffer random vampire attacks, and important/semi important NPC's die because of the attacks. This is the biggest complaint everyone has about Twilightguard Dawnguard.

Message 7 of 14 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Hmm... this all sounds good in theory until you read the actual post by bethesda on their BLOG regarding the releasse of the DLC. Bethesda does say that Dragonguard will be released in February, saying that Hearthfire will be next, followed by Dawnguard., and that all 3 SHOULD be out by the end of February. Please note that Bethesda has given us empty promises agaiin and again and again. "Should" does not mean "Will". I seriously doubt that PS3 will ever see Dawnguard and my best estimate is that somewhere between February 15th to March 15th, Bethesda will post a lame excuse beginning wiith "We deeply regret to inform you... *blah-blah-blah*" as to why we haven't gotten Dawnguard at that time. Considering Bethesda's track record, this is absolutely par for the course. SO... MY ADVICE: do NOT get your hopes up about Dawnguard coming to PS3... believe it when you ACTUALLY see it... do NOT belive a **bleep** thing Pete Hines says.., he got John Edwards beat for **bleep** Of The Universe HANDS DOWN!!! (see South Park) and he probably smokes way more crack than Tyrone Biggums (see Dave Chappelle Show)...

Message 8 of 14 (527 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I goitta admit... hearthfire does sound like  great deal tho... 2.50 for a simple DL that allows you to design and build 3 houses... i like the house near the Lake thr best... nothing like having your OWN forge/grindstone/workbench/tanning rack/smelter... dunno how many times i get annoyed when a shop owner jumps on either the grindstoine or workbench in front of me while i have a blacksmith elixir in effect but i seriouslyy wanna make dragonbone weapons SOOOOO bad... (need Dawnguiard for that)

Message 9 of 14 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 6, 2013

RichieAppel wrote:

Yes Mylo, cities in the vanilla game suffer random vampire attacks, and important/semi important NPC's die because of the attacks. This is the biggest complaint everyone has about Twilightguard Dawnguard.

I wonder why I have not heard of this.  It sounds like a large problem, a very silly design choice even coming from Bethesda.

I feel that your Twilight comparison is not applicable.  Vampires were a part of Elder Scrolls lore before the pop culture craze, and before Stephanie Meyer turned them into shovel-faced disco balls.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 14 (351 Views)
0 Likes