Feb 14 2010
By: samuraix98 Lombax Warrior 194 posts

Oblivion Greatest Hits or GOTY?

13 replies 864 views Edited Feb 14, 2010

After reading some interesting stuff about all these dlc for oblivion I've been in the market of buying a copy. I love fallout and its a change of pace. no splattered brains after a headshot will treat me right for a while. 

My only real concern is, Is it really worth the GOTY edition? With all those freezing and glitches and curses I'm not sure ill even be able to hit that section of game/story if I get it. Yes I play my games like fallout rather linearly and I've sank about 120 hours in to fallout 3 and that's with out the dlc that I do currently have. Well maybe a little dlc.

The reason I ask this about oblivion is because is so so expansive that will paying the extra 20 or so bucks to get a game that freezes and glitches half the time to barely even hit the surface of what you payed extra for, is that enough. 

Also what's the amount needed for your hard drive to download/start oblivion GOTY.

Thanks 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1328 posts

Re: Oblivion Greatest Hits or GOTY?

Feb 15, 2010
Definately get the game of the year edition...it has less issues than the regular edition and is totally worth it.

, , ,
, , , , , ,
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (864 Views)
Sackboy
600 posts

Feb 19, 2010
i say get both why because in the goty edi once u turn into a vampire thats it your playing as one for the rest of the game. where in the gh you can actually complete the quest if u do become a vampire.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 19, 2010
From what I have read i am planning on getting the game of the year edition. don't be a fool and get both like the other moron said. it's just a waste of money. The price is worth it especially at gamestop. Also get this because it includes knights of the nine and shivering isles expansion paks. where the other doesn't and you will be forced to spend an extra 20 plus dollars for each expansion. get teh game of the year edition.  just read what it includes at gamestop.com
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Feb 19, 2010

DOMERFAN10 wrote:
From what I have read i am planning on getting the game of the year edition. don't be a fool and get both like the other moron said. it's just a waste of money. The price is worth it especially at gamestop. Also get this because it includes knights of the nine and shivering isles expansion paks. where the other doesn't and you will be forced to spend an extra 20 plus dollars for each expansion. get teh game of the year edition.  just read what it includes at gamestop.com

Yes buying two seems pointless defiantly. I know that the GOTY has the extra DLC i was just wondering if its worth getting it for the reason as to how much will you actually tap the DLC or will it be enough to just joust around the traditional GH version with all the content it already has.
 Also does anyone one know how much hard drive space this requires to play?
 thanks for that btw. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Feb 19, 2010
yes i agree with you, thanks defiantly pushing me towards.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 19, 2010

Think of it this way: It's only 29.99 at game stop. The game of the year edition. If you get the greatest hits version you have to fork over an extra 20 some dollars for the dlcs on top of the game of the year edition that you will be enjoying. its worth playing the dlc from what i am told. i would rather have all of the expansions included than none at all. from what i understand it's a great game to play and now well worth the 29.99 especially when new games now are 59.99. Just get the game of the year version. i will be playing the dlcs no doubt. As far as game freezing i highly doubt there is an issue as big as people say it is. i have yet to have any issues with game freezes and i played dragon age origns all the way through thats much bigger than oblivion. and you will have enough hard drive space. nothing to worry about.

Message Edited by DOMERFAN10 on 02-19-2010 04:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Feb 24, 2010
game of the year because u get the shivering isles with it which is normally an extra25$
predator825
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Feb 24, 2010
i would just spend the money on the greatest hits and seperate shivering isles. not having to deal with the vampire glitch is enough motivation for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (864 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2010
Game of the Year is much better to get since you won't have to buy Shivering Isles and already cleaned out of of the bugs. Already beat it a few times so I'm sure it's worth it.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (864 Views)
0 Likes