Mar 05 2013
By: chickenbonetom Welcoming Committee 7485 posts

Should I Get Dawnguard?

11 replies 188 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

I only have a few more hrs left to decide whether or not to get it because it's 50% off sale will end and there's no way in heck i'm ever going to pay $19.99 for this. So I ask all who Downloaded it, was it worth it? I like the idea of having all of Skyrim's DLC but I really don't think Dawnguard will be very good like Dragonborn was. How does it stack up to Dragonborn?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

Re: Should I Get Dawnguard?

Mar 5, 2013

Well, dragonborn is the biggest and best and most feature rich DLC....so no its not really a fair comparison.

It is, in it sown right, a good DLC. It lets you transform into a vampire lord if you're into that sort of thing. And level up your werewolf form with a new skill perk tree.

It adds some quests

Most of all, it allows you to craft arrows, and adds the ability to make weapons out of dragon-bone, which are better than Daedric. (even though the Daedric armor is better than dragon...good one bethesda)

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Well, dragonborn is the biggest and best and most feature rich DLC....so no its not really a fair comparison.

It is, in it sown right, a good DLC. It lets you transform into a vampire lord if you're into that sort of thing. And level up your werewolf form with a new skill perk tree.

It adds some quests

Most of all, it allows you to craft arrows, and adds the ability to make weapons out of dragon-bone, which are better than Daedric. (even though the Daedric armor is better than dragon...good one bethesda)

Well I hate Vampires lol and the quests sound kinda lame. The only thing that you said that intrigued me was the ability to craft Dragonbone weapons. Can't say that justifys spending 10 bucks for this tho. I assume they're only marginally better than Daedric weapons anyway. Maybe if this DLC was like 5 bucks I'd get it but 10 bucks jus seems a lill steep for me. I'm sure it will have another even bigger sale in the future at some point.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Its already 50% off...if it gets cheaper it will be years before it happens. 

I forgot to add it also adds a couple more levels of dragons 'revered' and 'Legendary,' which its a silver trophy to kill a legendary.

And yes, the dragon weapons are only slightly better...but if you have high enchanting/alchemy/smithing you can make them extremely powerful to a point that they are significantly better than Daedric.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I forgot to add it also adds a couple more levels of dragons 'revered' and 'Legendary,' which its a silver trophy to kill a legendary.

And yes, the dragon weapons are only slightly better...but if you have high enchanting/alchemy/smithing you can make them extremely powerful to a point that they are significantly better than Daedric.

Neh I decided against it. Seemed like it would've been a regrettable buy for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Mar 6, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Neh I decided against it. Seemed like it would've been a regrettable buy for me.

Prob a smart move on your part as I personally regretted getting it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I found it okay ran into one issue,and had to start over,but still it was okay the only problem was the vampire attacks,I had to stay away from towns,and holds so npcs don't die. The story was good(Dawnguard faction,better than any of the guilds..It's up to you to decide...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I'd say the thieves guild is better, then the drak brotherhoood. The dawnguard dont really do anything interesting or useful.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I'd say the thieves guild is better, then the drak brotherhoood. The dawnguard dont really do anything interesting or useful.

I alwayz really hated being a vampire in Skyrim. Found it to be very annoying having to get the stupid cure and be attacked by guards/towns people. More annoying than that was having to worry about killing NPC's like the other guy stated. So a Expansion forcing me to be a vampire which I despise just doesn't sound very fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13890 posts

Mar 8, 2013

you get to choose. But if you want all the trophies you have to be a vampire. Just make 2 saves. thats what I did.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes