Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 06 2013
By: AlunnaCearwen First Son 4 posts

Skyrim Hearthfire DLC is giving me corrupt files (PS3) - Is there a fix? Yes there is. :)

[ Edited ]
6 replies 836 views Edited Jul 5, 2013

I had a probelm with the game constantly screwing up and corrupting every single previous save file prior to saving inside the homes of the Hearthfire DLC.

I found the solution to this annoying problem.

I found out what ONE major problem was. I turned off ALL autosave options completely. That helped stop a lot of the glitch and bugs. I also turned off all power saver options on my PS3 console which helped. Also... I realized that the armory mannequins in Hearthfire (or the mannequins just in general) are extremely buggy as well and caused a lot of problems. I also stopped saving INSIDE the Heatherfire homes which helped a great deal. All the corrupt files kept happening from saving inside the Hearthfire homes. So... Don't use mannequins (at least don't build an armory) and turn off all autosave options and all power saver options and don't save inside the Hearthfire homes. It seems to work a lot better since I've did that.

Thanks to any who replied or read this. Hopefully this helps someone else who may read this.

I play up to 126hrs of Skyrim in just a week. Me? Crazy? Nahhh.
Message 1 of 7 (836 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
3364 posts

Re: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC is giving me corrupt files (PS3) - is there a fix???

Apr 6, 2013

Moved from PlayStation® Forums Support.

Message 2 of 7 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Out of curiosity, did you start building a wing of your house, then change your mind and start trying to build a different wing? I read about a glitch related to this but currently there is no fix.

I'll be honest, at a quick glance it doesn't look good for you. Seems like Hearthfire is especially buggy. Still, don't give up hope.

First and foremost, I would recommend deleting, then re-installing Hearthfire. While you are at it, delete your game data (not saved data) as well.

If that does nothing, try buy/building one of the other houses. From what I'm reading, Lakeview Manor is particularly glitched. I realize this isn't really a fix and more of a compromise but it may be the only way you can enjoy both Skyrim and Hearthfire.
Message 3 of 7 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 5, 2013
LOL!!! That's always everyone's first suggestion. I updated my post cause I found the solution to my problem. So I didn't go through the uninstalling and reinstalling and deletion processes. All nonsense anyway! :smileyhappy: Thanks for the reply though.
Message 4 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I find it odd that my post was moved from the forums support...... I updated my post today cause I found the solution and figured I should share what that solution was, but prior to that, I don't think it should have been moved from support.
Message 5 of 7 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC is giving me corrupt files (PS3) - Is there a fix? Yes there is. :)

Jul 23, 2013

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily, I haven't saved once while inside the house. I did build a mannequin in the main hall, but haven't had any problems so far. Is it possible to delete that mannequin in any way?

Message 6 of 7 (593 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC is giving me corrupt files (PS3) - Is there a fix? Yes there is. :)

Aug 19, 2013

Nope. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a way to get rid of the mannequin or any of them for that matter. One or two mannequins shouldn't be too bad though. I have a major glitch with my mannequins though. I put clothing or armor on it and then take it off at a later date. I leave for a few days (game time) then come back and the outfit is on the mannequin again lol. I reccommend that if you have trouble getting gold, when you find a full outfit of nordic carved armor, put that on it then just keep coming back, collecting the armor off the mannequin and sell the armor lol. Not sure if anyone else is having this weird glitch, but I'm not complaining despite the fact that it is kind of annoying lol.

Message 7 of 7 (541 Views)
0 Likes