First Son
6 posts

Re: Skyrim freezes whenever I save

Mar 5, 2013
I think it might just be an issue with the disc itself, or maybe the PS3. Thanks anyways for your help.
Message 11 of 21 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 12, 2013
Skyrim is the only game I'm having issues with, and I tried reloading from a previous save, and then I played through and tried saving and it worked, but as soon as I got to a certain point when I tried to save it froze. Could it be the area that is the issue?
Message 12 of 21 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Have you tried making a brand new character and seeing if you can save?
Message 13 of 21 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Having the same issue. My version says 1.08 and I am assuming this is the right one since I can't find another to download. Currently reinstalling everything all over again but I just bought and installed Skyrim March 1, 2013. So my hopes are low.
Message 14 of 21 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17865 posts

Mar 18, 2013

why would your hopes be low?

Message 15 of 21 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2013
if you make it worry only say when you move from location to location the game should not freeze I tried this because I was having the same problem I'm not sold my problem it Also speeds up the saving of your game
Message 16 of 21 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2013
once again if you disable all the Auto save functions I'm only save your data when you move from location to location this will fix that problem it's a known issue with Skyrim where the game freezes and I had the same problem. you do not I repeat you not have to delete your saved game data It is very rare that saved game data Becomes corrupted on the PlayStationand it will tell you If that happens in your saved game file so before you delete hours of game play check there first It has nothing to do with the size of your saved game file mine is currently at 18mb per file to set you game to save on move this is how you do it
From the game screen press your
Start button ( this will take you to the options screen)
You will see (Quests) ----- (General stats) ------ (Settings)
Press R1 till you get to SETTINGS press (X)
Now you will see a screen with (save, load, settings, controls, help, quit)
Press the down control till (SETTTINGS) is highlighted press (X)
Now a list that says (Gameplay, Display, Audio) appears press your down key till Gameplay is highlighted now press (X) again, OK we are almost finished
A screen now saying (invert y, look sensitivity, vibration, difficulty,show floating markers, save on rest, save on wait, save on travel,save on character menu) are listed down arrow now make sure that (save on rest, save on wait) do Not have there boxes checked but ( SAVE ON TRAVEL ) does have a check mark in it I would also disable the (save on character menu)
Message 17 of 21 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2013
once again if you disable all the Auto save functions I'm only save your data when you move from location to location this will fix that problem it's a known issue with Skyrim where the game freezes and I had the same problem. you do not I repeat you not have to delete your saved game data It is very rare that saved game data Becomes corrupted on the PlayStationand it will tell you If that happens in your saved game file so before you delete hours of game play check there first It has nothing to do with the size of your saved game file mine is currently at 18mb per file to set you game to save on move this is how you do it
Now a list that says (Gameplay, Display, Audio) appears press your down key till Gameplay is highlighted now press (X) again, OK we are almost finished
A screen now saying (invert y, look sensitivity, vibration, difficulty,show floating markers, save on rest, save on wait, save on travel,save on character menu) are listed down arrow now make sure that (save on rest, save on wait) do Not have there boxes checked but ( SAVE ON TRAVEL ) does have a check mark in it I would also disable the (save on character menu) by right clicking until (DISABLED) is displayend
that's it everything should work fine now you Should have no more problems with your game freezing I know this has been a long winded post but I felt that there needed to be a step by step approach to this game for the people that may have not had as much gaming experience as the rest us
this is a really cool game and deserves it not to be spoiled By minor glitches like this
Message 18 of 21 (316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2013
once again if you disable all the Auto save functions and only save your data when you move from location to location this will fix that problem it's a known issue with Skyrim where the game freezes and I had the same problem. you do not I repeat you not have to delete your saved game data It is very rare that saved game data Becomes corrupted on the PlayStationand it will tell you If that happens in your saved game file so before you delete hours of game play check there first It has nothing to with the size of your saved game file mine is currently at 18mb per file to set you game to save on move this is how you do it
A screen now saying (invert y, look sensitivity, vibration, difficulty,show floating markers, save on rest, save on wait, save on travel,save on character menu) are listed down arrow now make sure that (save on rest, save on wait) do Not have there boxes checked but ( SAVE ON TRAVEL ) does have a check mark in it I would also disable the (save on character menu) by right clicking until (DISABLED) is displayend
that's it everything should work fine now you Should have no more problems with your game freezing I know this has been a long winded post but I felt that there needed to be a step by step approach to this game for the people that may have not had as much gaming experience as the rest us
this is a really cool game and deserves it not to be spoiled By minor glitches like this
Message 19 of 21 (314 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 19, 2013
sorry about the duplicate Posts it would not let me delete the ones with typos
Message 20 of 21 (309 Views)
0 Likes