Aug 31 2012
By: Emerald_Swords PlayStation MVP 4828 posts

Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC may never come to PS3

8 replies 1042 views Edited Aug 31, 2012

Bethesda has confessed that, due to an unnamed development problem, PS3 users may never get access to Skyrim's Dawnguard  DLC, missing out on the extra content altogether.

"Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard," . "We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone.

"The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content."

What is your opinion on the matter?

Source

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC may never come to PS3

Sep 2, 2012

That skyrim is now just another game that I will use as a paperweight

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I think it's complete and utter **bleep**. I've ranted a few times on this, in these forums, and others, I won't pass the chance up to vent more of my frustration -_-

I bought this game when It was first released, I could only actually play it fully months later after a few patches, to me that's completely unacceptable, if I buy a game from where ever, I would expect to be able to actually play it.

I was also under the impression I'd be getting the same DLC as the other platforms, apparently I was wrong in this... To me, I feel like I've got only half the game of what i thought I was buying, I was really looking forward to the DLCs for this.

To me, this is fraud... I'd like to **bleep** smack everyone from Bethesda.

Hopefully they can work this crap out,

I can't believe they'd already be working on another DLC already, like the guy said, it takes alot of resources, so how about managing your resources better and getting the stuff you have already on your plate down before adding more? That'd be smart I think...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4828 posts

Sep 2, 2012
I hope people start realizing that Bethesda games just don't work on ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (999 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:
I hope people start realizing that Bethesda games just don't work on ps3.

No kidding. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (983 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Sep 4, 2012

FenHarel wrote:

I was also under the impression I'd be getting the same DLC as the other platforms, apparently I was wrong in this... To me, I feel like I've got only half the game of what i thought I was buying, I was really looking forward to the DLCs for this.

To be fair, anyone that played Oblivion should have seen this coming.

But that is beside the point entirely. While it is true that PS3 users have been treated poorly by Bethesda, this is not one of those instinces. Bethesda is doing the right thing by not releasing something that would likely not work for many PS3 users. It's got me thinking of Point Lookout from Fallout 3. For many PS3 gamers, this DLC was almost entirely unplayable which really got annoying. Bethesda released it anyways though. At least now they are considering the PS3 gamers enough to not rip them off further.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (969 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Sep 4, 2012

taker-77 wrote:

FenHarel wrote:

But that is beside the point entirely. While it is true that PS3 users have been treated poorly by Bethesda, this is not one of those instinces. Bethesda is doing the right thing by not releasing something that would likely not work for many PS3 users. It's got me thinking of Point Lookout from Fallout 3. For many PS3 gamers, this DLC was almost entirely unplayable which really got annoying. Bethesda released it anyways though. At least now they are considering the PS3 gamers enough to not rip them off further.

So Bethesda has suddenly grown a conscience over 1 measley little DLC because only "some" players would have a bad experience? It's a real shame they didn't have the same conscience a year ago before releasing Skyrim in November. Tool Howard admitted 2 months after release that they knew before the game released that "some" people would have bad experiences with Skyrim due to it's "bad memory situation." They didn't have a problem putting the PS3 version on shelves for $60, why do they suddenly have a problem with only "some" having a bad experience with a DLC? It makes no sense does it?

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (964 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4828 posts

Sep 4, 2012

RichieAppel wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

FenHarel wrote:

So Bethesda has suddenly grown a conscience over 1 measley little DLC because only "some" players would have a bad experience? It's a real shame they didn't have the same conscience a year ago before releasing Skyrim in November. Tool Howard admitted 2 months after release that they knew before the game released that "some" people would have bad experiences with Skyrim due to it's "bad memory situation." They didn't have a problem putting the PS3 version on shelves for $60, why do they suddenly have a problem with only "some" having a bad experience with a DLC? It makes no sense does it?

I still don't fully understand how they're not capable of programming the ps3 version, most developers nowadays find ways in getting things done, why is bethesda the only company to actually do this. Maybe the smarter move was to develop Skyrim on ps3 first?  instead of porting it from the 360/Pc version.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (957 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

RichieAppel wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

FenHarel wrote:

I still don't fully understand how they're not capable of programming the ps3 version, most developers nowadays find ways in getting things done, why is bethesda the only company to actually do this. Maybe the smarter move was to develop Skyrim on ps3 first?  instead of porting it from the 360/Pc version.

It's really anyone's guess, there is no way to know why Bethesda can't develop on the PS3. The Gamebryo engine takes some of the blame as well, since the engine just doesn't seem to work well with the PS3. Skyrim is running on the "Creation Engine" before release Bethesda wanted everyone to believe it's a new engine, but it's a new engine in name only. Sure the graphics have been beefed up, but under the hood it's still Gamebryo, and the same engine level issues that have been around since Morrowind are still present in Skyrim. Bethesda has also never treated the PS3 or it's community with respect, they act like PS3 versions of their games are something they are obligated to do, even though they don't really want to.

There's also Microsoft to consider, Bethesda LOVES taking their exclusivity bribes for DLC, on top of that who knows what else Microsoft throws money at them for. Microsoft might even fund their developmental costs for the Xbox version of their games, meaning Bethesda throws more man power and resources at the Xbox, while doing the bare minimum for the PS3. Whatever the case may be there is an OBVIOUS bias on the part of Bethesda when it comes to the two consoles. The best thing for Bethesda to do, is take their bribes, use their decrepit piece of garbage engine, and quit developing for the PS3 or any future Playstation consoles. Me personally, I want to see them go out of business, if they don't go out of business I want to see a wholesale firing of everyone at Bethesda. Starting with Tool Howard, Tweet Hines, and useless as nipples on a breast plate Gstaff. After that everyone in their development department needs to be sent packing.

Edit: I would also like to see Sony not put up with Bethesda's crap anymore. Sony made the mistake of not failing the non-English versions of Skyrim in pre release certification, I say never again Sony. Since the gaming media won't hold Bethesda's feet to the fire and hold them accountable for the way they've treated the PS3 and their customers throughout this whole Skyrim debacle and with their previous titles, it's time for Sony to stand up for it's customers and players. Any Bethesda game whether they develop it or not needs to be put so far under the microscope there's practically no hope the game could pass certification.Or maybe Sony should just block all future Bethesda games from being released on the PS3 or future consoles until they've proven they can release a quality product on Sony's consoles as well. Something I doubt the amateurs at Bethesda will ever be capable of doing.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (940 Views)