Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 03 2012
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7583 posts

Skyrim’s Dragonborn DLC Coming to PS3 in Early 2013

14 replies 1093 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

Skyrim-Dragonborn-Header.png

If any of you are still hanging on to your PS3 copy of Skyrim, don’t get rid of it just yet. On the eve of releasing the third DLC content, Dragonborn, for the 360 version of Skyrim, Bethesda confirmed on their blog that Dragonborn will also be coming to PS3 and PC early next year.

Bethesda cites this content as “…one of our most ambitious add-ons ever…”, which should help to soften the blow that PS3 owners have yet to see Dawnguard and Hearthfire, due to apparent technical issues. Bethesda also made an interesting comment about future support for Skyrim.

The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released – including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

And we’re still not done – we look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!

In my opinion, the wording of the announcement that more Skyrim news is coming next year sounds very forward-moving as opposed to news about PS3 compatibility for past content.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Message 1 of 15 (1,093 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Skyrim’s Dragonborn DLC Coming to PS3 in Early 2013

Dec 3, 2012

Yes... YES!

Message 2 of 15 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Dec 3, 2012
i saw this earlier. im just hoping we get some sort of deal, like if we buy dawnguard, we get hearthfire.
Message 3 of 15 (1,082 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 4, 2012
This is great news. Good things are worth waiting for. Bethesda has my money.
Message 4 of 15 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I have some money for Skyrim DLC sitting in my PSN Wallet.  It'll be nice when I can finally spend it. :smileyhappy:  Personally, all of this "DLC" talk with people screaming at Bethesda and all that hasn't bothered me one bit.  I've had my fair share of hardships in life, and this "DLC" thing certainly isn't one of them.  If this problem hurts anyone, it's the people of Bethesda.  It's problems like this that can cause layoffs.  I don't know if it has gone that far.  But, it's certainly possible.

I'm looking forward to some Skyrim DLC.  I have some other games I can play until then.  For some reason, I just now started thinking about an Elder Scrolls 6.  lol   It just popped in my head.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Message 5 of 15 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Melegeant wrote:

I have some money for Skyrim DLC sitting in my PSN Wallet.  It'll be nice when I can finally spend it. :smileyhappy:  Personally, all of this "DLC" talk with people screaming at Bethesda and all that hasn't bothered me one bit.  I've had my fair share of hardships in life, and this "DLC" thing certainly isn't one of them.  If this problem hurts anyone, it's the people of Bethesda.  It's problems like this that can cause layoffs.  I don't know if it has gone that far.  But, it's certainly possible.

I'm looking forward to some Skyrim DLC.  I have some other games I can play until then.  For some reason, I just now started thinking about an Elder Scrolls 6.  lol   It just popped in my head.

I'm willing to bet this problem has actually created quite a few temporary jobs and a number of permenant ones also. No doubt they're going to need more PlayStation experts on their team for future projects.

Message 6 of 15 (1,064 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
235 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I don't know why everyone is getting so exicted about Dragonborn. After the 1 month exclusivity bribe is up, I'm willing to bet these incompetent charlatan's will come up with some new excuse for why Dragonborn won't be coming to PS3. Don't get excited over this new DLC until you see it posted on the Playstation blog, or the PSN store proving the PS3 is getting this DLC.

Home, the game to play if you're having a gender identity crisis.

The Neotopians, need to realize that the free market will decide which project will get funded. If the free market doesn't want Neotopia, they will have to get over that.
Message 7 of 15 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Dec 5, 2012
maybe, the past dlc that bethesda has been working on for ps3 for the past 6months was dragonborn, and from now on, they'll develop on ps3, then transfer to xbox, but release for xbox first. honestly, hearthfire is worthless, and dawnguard just adds a small area, and a skill tree, not really the most exciting stuff.
Message 8 of 15 (1,041 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 5, 2012

RichieAppel wrote:

I don't know why everyone is getting so exicted about Dragonborn. After the 1 month exclusivity bribe is up, I'm willing to bet these incompetent charlatan's will come up with some new excuse for why Dragonborn won't be coming to PS3. Don't get excited over this new DLC until you see it posted on the Playstation blog, or the PSN store proving the PS3 is getting this DLC.

Considering everything that's happened in the past six or seven months, Bethesda wouldn't announce this on their offical blog unless it was with out a doubt coming to the PS3. It would be like committing market suicide if they were wrong again and they can't afford to have their reputation damaged any further.

skyrim cheese

Message 9 of 15 (1,025 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Dec 5, 2012

ALARM-cIock wrote:

RichieAppel wrote:

Considering everything that's happened in the past six or seven months, Bethesda wouldn't announce this on their offical blog unless it was with out a doubt coming to the PS3. It would be like committing market suicide if they were wrong again and they can't afford to have their reputation damaged any further.

skyrim cheese

kudos just for picture

Message 10 of 15 (1,013 Views)
0 Likes