Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 04 2013
By: Setzaroth PlayStation MVP 14906 posts

The pointless perks of being a vampire.

11 replies 192 views Edited Mar 4, 2013

Much like becomming a werewolf, the vampire perks, and now vampire lord form are utterly pointless at higher levels. If it wasn't for the trophies associated with the 'thrown in at the last second to give you something to do' perk-tree, I would have NEVER used these forms. They are fun for about 5 mintues, then I start to realize my weapons and gear are 3-4X better than the stats of my "awesome beast form"

Also, the whole feeding mechanic is kinda dumb(as a vampire)...you somehow get stronger from starving yourself...and that randomly gives you neat (but equally pointless) vampire abilities...that will dissappear if you feed...

Am I missing something? No, of course not, because I know everything that is useful to know about this game. Its pointless.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Re: The pointless perks of being a vampire.

Mar 4, 2013

I would just say they aren't in your play style. I don't like using the transformations either, but I wouldn't say they are pointless. I know my friend has tons of fun going around as a werewolf and just tearing thing up. It also fit in very well with all the roleplaying some people do. It all just depends on how you play.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14906 posts

Mar 4, 2013

As far as playing the game lagitmately...not pretending you live there. They are pointless when contrasted to the options available in the game.

As far as roll-playing...I guess...I could see that...But the vampire isnt even done right.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5769 posts

Mar 4, 2013
I agree mostly. Absolutely hated doing the vampire tree, only reason i did was for the trophy. Only did it on one character and luckily there was a way to cure him afterwards by going to the tavern in falkreth(spellcheck?) and talking to the merchant there about rumors.

But i will say werewolf actually comes in slightly handy at times because you are immune to other diseases such as vampirism as long as its in your blood. Even if you never use beast form that one benefit makes it worth it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14906 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Disease immunity is a good benefit, but I'd say its countered pretty severely by not being able to get the well-rested bonus...which, if you're trying to level up at a high level, all the experience counts, and any extra speed is welcomed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5769 posts

Mar 4, 2013
There is a well rested bonus? I honestly had no idea about that lol. Must involve beds, i never have slept in one.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Is there even a non-legitimate way to play this game? How isn't the vampire done right? From what little time I spent as a vampire lord, I preferred it over the werewolf. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5769 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Its all based on who is playing i suppose. Vampirism or being a werewolf just wasnt for me personally. I did use werewolf on most my characters though because of the disease immunity, but vampirism also has the same immunity. Only real difference between the two i noticed was when your a vampire the towns people seem to not like you much and werewolf doesnt seem to offend them at all unless you transform into the beast form. I never really used the features of either much though other that when i was after the trophies.

Main reason i use werewolf instead of vampire is when you are a vampire weather you are in vampire form or not if the sun is out your magic and health almost barely regenerate at all. Werewolf had no drawbacks at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14906 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Nayr16 wrote:

Is there even a non-legitimate way to play this game? How isn't the vampire done right? From what little time I spent as a vampire lord, I preferred it over the werewolf. 

I say legitimate meaning, not screwing around pretending you live in skyrim. Play the quests, get gear. Dont be weird.

As far as the vampire goes...

Feeding makes you more human instead of making you stronger.

sunlight doesnt kill you, it just weakens you.(Big freaking deal. just wait X amount of hours wherever you go)

Feeding on people doesnt even kill them.

That is why being a vampire is pointless.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Nayr16 wrote:

I say legitimate meaning, not screwing around pretending you live in skyrim. Play the quests, get gear. Dont be weird.

As far as the vampire goes...

Feeding makes you more human instead of making you stronger.

sunlight doesnt kill you, it just weakens you.(Big freaking deal. just wait X amount of hours wherever you go)

Feeding on people doesnt even kill them.

That is why being a vampire is pointless.

So being a vampire is pointless because you can't roleplay your certain belief of how vampires should be?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (134 Views)
0 Likes