May 13 2013
By: LighterMatch99 Splicer 83 posts

Thinkin about getting Oblivion

7 replies 4434 views Edited May 13, 2013

I'm new to the Elder Scrolls series and would like to start off with Oblivion, but I'm unsure of which version to get it out (ps3 or 360). I heard the ps3 version has a vampire glitch. I'll end up getting Skyrim eventually (I perfer to play games from a series in order just to see what changes the devs made to them, plus I don't want to be overwelled by Skyrim). Does the 360 version have any significant issues, other than its graphics?

Message 1 of 8 (4,434 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Re: Thinkin about getting Oblivion

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Yeah,the vampire thing is true for the PS3,I have Oblivion for the PS3,and 360,and they're about the same...the 360 gets a few dlcs not available to the PS3,but its not important...you can check out the UESP website for info about the games,differences,and lore,just don't believe everything on the lore page aka quests,etc...remember nothing is set in stone in the Elder Scrolls universe,no one is wrong,and no one is right its up to you to believe what happen,and how things turn up. Important thing have many save files cause like everything Bethesda there's bugs. Hope this help,I'm in a hurry,got places to go.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

May 13, 2013

I had Oblivion GOTY edition for both the 360, and the PS3. I got rid of the 360 version, I just found the PS3 version to be a little better. Also you can pick up the GOTY edition at Gamestop for $20. That's not a bad deal.

Message 3 of 8 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

May 13, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that website you suggested and see if I can better come to a conclusion from there.
Message 4 of 8 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

There appears to be a lot more DLC for the X Box 360 version that I was not aware of. http://www.elderscrolls.com/oblivion/dlc/

They do not even acknowledge the PS Store when telling you were to purchase SI and KOTN.

I have only played side quests for Oblivion and find myself bored at the simplicity of these missions. Even the Guild missions have bored me so far.

As far as the Vampire glitch goes, I have heard there are other methods for curing it such as going to a chapel. I do not know if it works or what it will do to the quest if it does though.

Message 5 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Get the 360 version. It really isn't a contest.

While the PS3 version has slightly better (almost indistinguishable) graphics, the 360 version has far fewer glitches, plus the class homes and horse armor dlc. Granted, those dlc's aren't anything special but at least you can get them if you want them.

In regards to the vampire glitch, it's only on the PS3 GOTY edition or the regular version with the Shivering Isle installed. There are various workaround reported but none of the easy fixes ever worked for me. The only 100% fix I've heard of involves buying/renting the regular version of the game, which just seems absurd to me, or if you have the regular version with the Shivering isles, uninstalling then re-installing the DLC, which can cause a host of other problems.

Message 6 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

May 18, 2013

It seems to me that they have more than Horse armor and class homes. They have a few quest related DLC packs on top of it. Maybe that is what you mean though.

Message 7 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

May 18, 2013
Yeah, the class homes each have little quests associated with them. Nothing special though. Other than that I'm not aware of any extra quests associated with the 360 version.
Message 8 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes