Sep 13 2013
By: Sadaiyappan Uncharted Territory 1844 posts

Which class should I play on PC version?

9 replies 270 views Edited Sep 13, 2013

Hello, ^^

Which class is the most fun?  I think I want to play mage class, but I don't want to be a healer.  The animal / archer class looks okay to me I thought I can summon Dragons later in the game.  I tried to play through Khajit but there is a bug in the PC version with casting spells in each hand and using Khajit claw attacks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (270 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13925 posts

Re: Which class should I play on PC version?

Sep 13, 2013

Lol, well, there aren't really "classes" per say. The small perks each race has don't matter once you get into the game.

Its really about your play style, and how you level your character. Personally being a stealth based character is a lot of fun, and if you do the relevant quests, you can become VERY powerful. 

As far as summoning dragons. You can do that, but you have to have dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC to unlock those shouts.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I like the Breton.  I raise Magicka and Health evenly during level-ups.  I don't touch stamina.  I go the Robes/Clothing route.  I skill Alchemy and make potions 'n' stuff.  :smileyhappy:

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Yeah, I think I will play through as Breton.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I'd say start a new combination of attributes everytime you start getting bored. At least, that's what I used to do. Probably why I never beat Morrowind or Oblivion. Dark Elves were always my favorite, though.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Playing Breton is harder then I thought it would be.  I kept getting stuck in Bleak Falls against skeleton warriors.  

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Sadaiyappan wrote:

Playing Breton is harder then I thought it would be.  I kept getting stuck in Bleak Falls against skeleton warriors.  

Hang in there! lol    When playing a Breton Mage, I like to take the carriage from Whiterun to Winterhold 1st.  Mainly to have a place to store things early in the game.  After that, I usually grab a pick axe and go mining.  There are a bunch of ore veins around the outside walls of Whiterun, too.  I just like to build up the gold, buy some spells, and get some training before I attempt to clear an area.  Also, don't underestimate "Illusion" magic.  It can be very effective for non-healer mages.

I know we all have our own ways to play this game.  I just thought I'd mention mine.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 5, 2013
Class doesn't really matter so much as you will boost stats based much on how you play. I play a mix of ranged magic/melee combo a la Bioshock so I tend to boost a lot more on one-handed weapons and magic (especially fire magic, but I'm still fairly early in the game). By the way, fire magic was pretty efficient against the undead enemies and necromancer in Bleak Falls for me. Beauty of the game is there are so many ways you can play the game to beat challenges.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7275 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Here's a little secret: if you play on PC, you can boost your stats automatically and be great at everything. Really, I use my PC copy of Oblivion and Skyrim to mod the heck out of them and be an ultimate warrior. It's quite fun :smileytongue:

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
905 posts

Dec 14, 2013
bare knuckle monk! awesome fun fist class 8]
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (62 Views)
0 Likes