Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Who still plays oblivion?

Mar 15, 2013
I have access to the arcane university now, and it's a good thing I did that 7 part quest early since I needed it for my main story quest (the dawn quest). I'm currently getting out of the dungeon where you see the leader of the deadra cult and he escapes with the amulet of kings, but I got his book.

I've got the dark brotherhood membership quest, but I'm not going to kill the guy they want me to.
My PSN
Message 11 of 21 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Mar 16, 2013

The thing is the guy they want you to kill really deserves it,but after that your just killing innocent npcs...That's the thing I hate in both Skyrim,and Oblivion you start out killing someone who deserves it,and after that your stuck,and can't do anything to get out from the death cult,and have do horrible things:smileysad:...sure it is a game,but I'm trying to be a hero not some guy with different personalities,that's how it feels trust me do every quest in the games,and you'll see that your not the same person. Hero who helps others,and saves the world by day:smileyhappy:,a monster,criminal,and cannibal with a psycho persona by night.:smileymad: Still have fun,just be careful of the bugs,and glitches they can sometimes screw your savefile forcing you to start over(Skyrim,7 times starting over due to bugs).:smileyfrustrated:

Message 12 of 21 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Add me to the list of people who still play Oblivion.  I have sunk almost 500 hours into this great game between 3 characters.

Seta Soujiro
Message 13 of 21 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Mar 26, 2013

While playing I found a certain quest item for a certain guild while sneaking around in a lighthouse the funny thing is I can't join the guild since I killed the speaker when he gave me the option...I wonder why the UESP or the wiki didn't mention this...finding a certain before joining the guild. I guess I know what Sheogorath meant...then again I knew who he was. Anyone remember the Skyrim quest The Mind of Madness?

Message 14 of 21 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I haven't gotten that far into skyrim. After playing both games, I have to say that I like skyrim better. The leveling system is a lot better than in oblivion, and it's so much easier to get gold. So far the only thing that I like about oblivion more is the ability to use magic while having a sword and shield equipped. I'm going to start playing oblivion the way I do skyrim. I'm just going to go adventuring and clearing dungeons. That's what I do in skyrim, and it's helped so much. My character isn't very powerful in oblivion even though I've been focusing on strength, willpower and endurance.
My PSN
Message 15 of 21 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I agree,but the problem with Skyrim are the guilds,and the too much freedom...the only guild that felt like one was the Dawnguard which is dlc. I do miss being able to use magic while having my hands full...heck I miss being a gladiator in the arena. Still be careful dungeon diving sometimes they cause bugs because they're quest or guild related...my friends ran into those problems even in Oblivion aka my friend has the Gray Fox sending him on a mission despite the fact he's not in the guild.:smileyhappy:

Message 16 of 21 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Apr 6, 2013
I don't usually join the thieves guild because I hate picking locks in oblivion (so much better in skyrim. I actually have it at level 43 in skyrim that's only doing it for locked chests in dungeons and for quests. I don't play thieves, so my other stealth skills are extremely low).
My PSN
Message 17 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Apr 6, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
 I hate picking locks in oblivion (so much better in skyrim.

I've got to disagree with this. Once you hit level 10 in Oblivion, you can go and get the Skeleton Key from Nocturnal. Then all chests can be picked merely by jamming the auto-attempt button over and over again until it unlocks. Easist thing ever.

Message 18 of 21 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I don't know why switch it? The Skyrim one sucks especially if you have no perks for lock picking,even with the Skeleton Key it still sucks.

Spoiler
Heck you can't keep if you want to finish the Thieves' Guild. Which if was force to join because of a bug,that forced me to join them.:smileysad:
Message 19 of 21 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013
I have a lot easier time picking locks in skyrim. I'm never able to move the pick over to another slot before the one I'm working on drops. I tried it so many times and I put in commands like I was playing a fighting game. It never works for me. Skyrim is so much easier with just finding the sweet spot. I have level 40 lock picking, and have picked master level locks at very low levels.

EDIT: I made a new character in Oblivion. I went with a straight up Mage Breton. This character levels so much faster than my others. I've only cleared 2 dungeons, done one Mage guild recommendation, and just gave jauffre the amulet of kings and I'm already at level 4. Playing skyrim has helped a lot with oblivion. I never really paid much attention to alchemy or conjuration before skyrim, but after seeing the sheer power and usefulness of them both, I decided to make a much larger emphasis on them this time around in oblivion. My conjuration is already over level 50 (simply keeping a summoned minion around at all times that I'm not in town). My destruction needs to be higher, and only wearing regular clothes gives me the opportunity to sell all armor and weapons (other than daggers and staves) so gold is really easy to come by. I just bought over 500 septims worth of destruction magic from the Skingrad mage's guild.
My PSN
Message 20 of 21 (86 Views)
0 Likes