Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 35 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Re: Your Favourite Build

Dec 2, 2012
this is my first time really playing a true rpq, and well:

i had a cat, think i went 2 1h swords, with heavy armor, and i ended up learning every spell i could learn, and max everything.

then

i made a human (its good at archery and smithing) and used bows. and now im playing things smart, (instead of being invited into someones home thats a muesem and killing them before i knew it was a daedric quest, and him being dead forever...)
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 35 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Dec 4, 2012

This may seem weird, but, I really don't like the armor set bonuses.  I like to mix it up a little bit and be creative with my characters.  If I do that, I always have that bonus in the back of my mind picking at my brain. lol   This isn't a complaint or anything.  I'm just into the strength of your equipment being effected purely by your crafting improvements.  That way I don't feel like I "have" to wear specific gear to get the most out of the game.  Maybe it's just me.  I don't know.  lol

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 35 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I got a Nord archer.  Using mixed armor sets to maximize archery damage.  Then using Bound Bow with conjuration (mystic binding) when ever I can use it.  I also carry a bow for soul trap and a Dragonbone bow with either fire or frost damage added as well. Stealth bow attacks makes everything pretty much one shot kill.  For close combat; duel wielding daggers proves fatal.

My primary skills are Archery, sneak, conjuration, smithing, enchanting, and one handed.  I'm trying to work in some great sword play too.

Teufelhunden!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 35 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

I use an assassin build with either a Khajiit or an Imperial with an emphasis on archery, stealth and dual daggers then crank the difficulty up and play the game as an open world stealth RPG. Honestly, I've tried to use different builds but somehow I always end up with the same configuration. Becides, that dual dagger animation just never gets old. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 35 (489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Hmmm well I would have said my nord paladin build but I only made that in preparation for dawnguard and its plethora of offensive restoration spells....which never came. So when it comes to show I geuss I can say my redguard pure dragonborn character. Only level 44, pure offensive really, no archery at all. Dragonplate chest, arm and leg, and I wear that gold dragon preist mask you get when you collect them all and take them to labrinythn...uhm.. Konahrik I think its called. I don't have a high enchant on that character so I buff the armor with element resistances and weapon buffs and shes completely two hander. Really fun build actually... and perhaps the one I worked out from scratch.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 35 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2013

i have a female nord warror/assassin using heavy armor and a shield which has great magic defense due to block perks and alteration perks... (looks sweet in ancient nord armor too)

also got a female khajiit assassin that's somewhat of a prankster... Me Khajiit... Me Play Joke... Me Pour Skooma In Your Coke...

another favorite is my female nord barbarian/assassin... got a warhammer that hits for 477 points/hit... i nicknamed it the wig-splitter

one thing that bugs me is how you only hear throw voice on nord characters... love to hear my khajiit say "HEY SKEEVER BUTT!!!"

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 35 (360 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2013

ALARM-cIock wrote:

I use an assassin build with either a Khajiit or an Imperial with an emphasis on archery, stealth and dual daggers then crank the difficulty up and play the game as an open world stealth RPG. Honestly, I've tried to use different builds but somehow I always end up with the same configuration. Becides, that dual dagger animation just never gets old. :smileywink:

none of the melee kill cams ever get old when killing grelod the kind... especially the unarmed one in 1st person where you punch her in the face 3 x... EPIC!!! got a save file just when i enter orphanage put aside for when i wanna show someone the decapitation animations....

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 35 (359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Swanson59 wrote:

I got a Nord archer.  Using mixed armor sets to maximize archery damage.  Then using Bound Bow with conjuration (mystic binding) when ever I can use it.  I also carry a bow for soul trap and a Dragonbone bow with either fire or frost damage added as well. Stealth bow attacks makes everything pretty much one shot kill.  For close combat; duel wielding daggers proves fatal.

My primary skills are Archery, sneak, conjuration, smithing, enchanting, and one handed.  I'm trying to work in some great sword play too.

Are you playing on a platform other than PS3? cause dragonbone weapons are from Dawnguard....

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 35 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Currently running around with your standard run of the mill Imperial archer. Daedric armor, ancient shrouded cowl (mostly because I like the  way the set-up looks) and a 206 base damage daedric bow.
Although on my other file, I have a stealth/assassin based khajiit and the kill cam for when she's wielding the dual blades never get old!

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 35 (330 Views)
0 Likes