Aug 11 2013
By: Occhi07 Uncharted Territory 1791 posts

is dragonborn worth it?

10 replies 276 views Edited Aug 11, 2013

so i missed out on getting dragonborn when it was $10 and i want to know if it is worth $20. i have dawnguard and hearthfire, and i dont really enjoy dawnguard (given that as soon as i made a vampire lord (because they looked cool) i gave up).  I enjoyed hearthfire (because i had like 100000gold).  however, dragonborn is the dlc that gives a new location, quests, monsters, and equips. i want to know if it is really worth it. 

NOTE: my level 81 character was deleted by my friend who accidentally overwrote it, so im only level 33 (and would that be a big deal?)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Re: is dragonborn worth it?

Aug 11, 2013

I recently purchased Skyrim and bought  both the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC.  I really enjoyed  Dragonborn and found it a blast to play. The new location and different qests were a blast to play. The addition of the Black book quest adds to how your character can be built.....

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1791 posts

Aug 11, 2013
well, i actually started playing dawnguard, and im actually enjoying it (prob cause i went dawnguard) and i ahve all 3 elder scrolls now, so i guess you can say im a badass
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Aug 11, 2013
While it is the best of the DLCs, I'm not sure if it's worth $20. I guess it will all depend on how badly you want the new map, quests and items.

I will mention that I had some pretty bad glitches related to the Dragonborn questline, the final quest in particular.

Oh, and at level 33 you should have little to no problems completing Dragonborn.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1791 posts

Aug 12, 2013
ok thanks. so ill wait for a sale.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13926 posts

Aug 19, 2013

I dont think it will go on sale again. It was released at 50% off for Ps3 users because it took them forever to port it over.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Aug 24, 2013

It's a shame in some ways that mods aren't easily available to PS3 user's. Steam on PC, for example, could easily find you more storyline and adventures made by fellow Gamer's that would give the same amount of new content for free. I personally purchased Dragonborn for my main account on PS3 and enjoyed the extra hours of gameplay... but each to his own. You won't really know if you'd enjoy it without purchasing it first. If you simply went off number's of sales it seem's pretty popular. Can't say much more than that. I wouldn't guage it anywhere near as enthralling as most Fallout DLC... but i'm into modern firearms more than hurled fireballs... and shouting mystical dragon armor onto myself. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13926 posts

Sep 6, 2013

XxB4D3N_ST33LxX wrote:

It's a shame in some ways that mods aren't easily available to PS3 user's. Steam on PC, for example, could easily find you more storyline and adventures made by fellow Gamer's that would give the same amount of new content for free. I personally purchased Dragonborn for my main account on PS3 and enjoyed the extra hours of gameplay... but each to his own. You won't really know if you'd enjoy it without purchasing it first. If you simply went off number's of sales it seem's pretty popular. Can't say much more than that. I wouldn't guage it anywhere near as enthralling as most Fallout DLC... but i'm into modern firearms more than hurled fireballs... and shouting mystical dragon armor onto myself. 

Ya, no offense, but I don't believe you have a clue about Skyrim. 

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Buy Legendary, install DLC then trade it in or sell it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1791 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

Buy Legendary, install DLC then trade it in or sell it.

would a used version still have dlc? if so, i could buy that, download, dlc, then return it to gamestop within a week.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (157 Views)
0 Likes