Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Re: Anyone stil around?

Jul 12, 2010
AndI was beginning to think that not many peeps played Eternal Sonata. I have owned it like when it first came out on the PS3, poped it in and played like 1 hour before those "little kid faces with big eyes" threw me off! I loved RPGS but for some strange reason just could not get into this one. So months go by and finally I decided to give it another go. Well I have played the heck out of it the last 2 days and now at the part where you have to face Tuba for the second time at the Bridge. Why I did not like it the first time, I have no idea but this time I am having a great time and love the game. The story so far is pretty good but mostly the visual graphics are amazing and I love the combat system with the timers and the light and dark spells.

Besides the most frustrating Fort Fermenta Moving Room quest, I have not found anything that I have not liked from this game, just wonder though why there are no Trophies associated with this game?

All and all a great game to keep me busy until either WKC2 comes out or if we are lucky Tales of Vesparia ever makes it to the PS3 system? Or even better I would love to see FFXII make it to the PS3 system like it's counterparts FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Once I get my PS3 hooked up again if you think the Fort is frustrating too maybe I should just use a walkthrough for that part.

I was the same, I picked up the game when it first came out but haven't gotten to it until now. 

Big eyes with young faces is very anime, I could see how one could be creeped out by them though.  I really enjoy anime for the most part myself but it is sure different from western animation.  Takes a bit of getting used too.

The art is one of my favorite parts so far as well, the game is just stunning.  So much detail too with even little teeny lizards crawling around.  It is neat how they are parelleling Chopins life story to the events in the game.  I also am learning about his life which is cool, and since it is Chopin the music is just wonderful of course.

A very unique RPG in many respects which is a breath of fresh air from so many generic RPG's.  It is a shame the game wasn;t appreciated more but unique concepts always have a hard time finding a market. 

WIth Trophies I think the game came out around the time when trophies were introduced?  Unless I am remembering wrong...but Either way Namco obviously felt it was not worth the money to add them to this port.  And I don't blame them since the sales numbers were so low.

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Actually Fort Fermente (or whatever it is called) was frustrating but I managed to get past it and the good thing about it was that I was able to grind somewhat while going back and forth all over the place that when I met the Boss at the bottom of the Hallway it was a cinch to beat him.

But now after trying for well over 3 hours and maybe 19 attempts to beat Tuba on the Bridge and no matter what combination of players, spells, skills and where I place my toons, Tuba get extra hits/cheats and is impossible to beat. I am no slouch when it comes to playing video games and have met my match more than once but always manage to find a way but in this case Tuba is way too overpowered and hits for tons of damage. Believe me I have tried everything and sometimes die before I even have a chance to defend/block or attack once.

Now I have watched videos of peeps beat him very easily but they were on the "other console" and just basically breezed through him, so I guess they made him tougher for the PS3.

I have Gretto, Viola and Chopin at Level 22 but Beat, Polka and Salsa are only at level 18 and 19, so I am thinking of heading back to the Valley and grind those 3 toons out and profit from the "Free Rest-Inn". It may take me a couple of hours of grinding but that is the only thing I can think of now. Otherwise if that fails, than unfortunately I will have to shelve the game again.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 14, 2010

I kind of want to play this game again now =o

PSN - bugcatcherjason
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Jul 19, 2010

If this game had trophies I wouldn't play anything else.

http://i49.tinypic.com/bhkqq9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2449 posts

Jul 22, 2010
Ok everyone, long while since last update, but i beat the game! Very fun but im not going on to Encore mode, gonna sell it to gamestop or amazon. The 2nd to the last boss fight was very hard, i was like level 40 and i had to grind to level 48 or so but then i got it. Very fun game and the most fun i had with an RPG since FF10.

I can help anyone or give tips if anyone needs, but walkthroughs help alot in this game.
3° FreeMason
PS3 60gb (HDMI)
Samsung LN-T4065F (1008/1028)
Samsung HT-AS720 5.1 Surround Sound (HDMI)
Games: Skate, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Devil May Cry 4, Bladestorm: 100 years war, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Little Big Planet, Afro Samurai, Batman: Arkham Asylum., Borderlands., Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time., Darksiders, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, God of War III, Red Dead Redemption, Eternal Sonata, Blur, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Red Faction: GuerrillaSuper, Street Fighter IV, Assassin's Creed 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 34 (414 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 22, 2010

BeerManMike wrote:
Ok everyone, long while since last update, but i beat the game! Very fun but im not going on to Encore mode, gonna sell it to gamestop or amazon. The 2nd to the last boss fight was very hard, i was like level 40 and i had to grind to level 48 or so but then i got it. Very fun game and the most fun i had with an RPG since FF10.

I can help anyone or give tips if anyone needs, but walkthroughs help alot in this game.

Gratz Man, I am still struggling with Round 2 of Tuba at the bridge.  Tried to grind my lower level toons but it still did nothing.  And I am so mad that I can't even glimpse him that I will put the game away for a little while and probably play Magna Carta 2 again or even start The lost Odyssey on the "other console" until I figure out a way to shove a trumpet up Tuba's a***sssss..........

On a side note my Friend: If I were you I would not sell the game as it is a rarety to find one especially if yours is still in great condition. One day it may be one of those games that every collector would want and you would be able to "set your price" for sure.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 24, 2010

I played through this game on the Xbox version but had my system die and saw it used for a cheap price so I bought it again. Boy, the game is beautiful but honestly, I find many aspects of it frustrating - cheap deaths drive me batty and some of the areas are very confusing as there is no map. The lack of save points also sucks espeically when you've battling for hours only to have some sort of cheap death get you.

I'm at the point now when Jazz and party have joined in and I'm dropping through the poisoned area where every battle starts you off as poisoned. I just dont know if I'm willing to stick out another play through the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Jul 29, 2010

Great to see more people in the thread! 

Sorry for my absence, I have been rather ill.  And haven't been able to play anything either because of it :-(  So yeah I'm still at that fort heh. 

I hope they didn't make the PS3 version harder as someone suggested cause I have to say I'm not the best at the battle system...well my RPG battle skills have never been that good in any game so I always play on easy so I don't get slaughtered.  If it does get really hard though I may not be good enough to finish it.  Well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...but I hope I didn't buy the harder version!

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2449 posts

Jul 31, 2010

Tuba gave me alot of trouble too. If i remember correctly i used Beat, Allegretto and Viola. I had beat and viola stand on opposite sides of the "battlefield" and retto "tank" him. Either one would heal retto when needed. Run around back and forth if you are chase by tuba.

Be carefull of walkthrough on the web as some say you need to be so and so level for this boss and that boss but i have been 5-10 levels below and would win, sometimes easily.

3° FreeMason
PS3 60gb (HDMI)
Samsung LN-T4065F (1008/1028)
Samsung HT-AS720 5.1 Surround Sound (HDMI)
Games: Skate, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Devil May Cry 4, Bladestorm: 100 years war, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Little Big Planet, Afro Samurai, Batman: Arkham Asylum., Borderlands., Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time., Darksiders, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, God of War III, Red Dead Redemption, Eternal Sonata, Blur, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Red Faction: GuerrillaSuper, Street Fighter IV, Assassin's Creed 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 34 (414 Views)
0 Likes