Dec 27 2008
By: Luca_Toni_Perna Wastelander 868 posts

Count Waltz

18 replies 972 views Edited Dec 27, 2008

Holy Smokes!!!! was I taken' off guard.  I thought Count Waltz was gonna be a cake walk for me.  He absolutely makes me look stupid, he's destroying me every time, no competition.

I can barely kill his Dragon nevermind him.  I'm using Jazz for Heat Blade/Whirlwind harmony chains, Viola shooting arrows from afar, and Frederic is my healer.  Frederics' Spirits Pathway is an amazing healer for me, waaaay better than Viola's Heal arrow. 

My wife thinks i'm gonna smash my controller through the T.V. screen everytime Waltz kicks my butt.  I've tried about 6 or 7 times now and can't even make him break a sweat.  I'm thinking maybe I should go back and level up my characters a couple more levels. 

Any advice?  I usually don't make new threads or posts unless I'm REALLY having trouble, 2nd Tuba wasn't even this hard.

http://i49.tinypic.com/bhkqq9.jpg
Message 1 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Count Waltz

Dec 28, 2008

My team was:

Allegretto

Viola

Frederic

What I did was had Viola, as known, move as far away from everyone else as possible, and shoot. NORMALLY< the dragon tends to go after her though. I had the other two completely ignore Waltz until the dragon was dead, because, as I learned in games, don't even out damage, take them out one at a time. Allegretto has a few moves that can knock out a second or two of an enemy attack, as well as he is fast, strong, and on decent HP. Having him with Werewolf Choker on just attacking building up combos for Frederic. After this, I have Frederic attack, and whirl the whole thing into a fully charged Spirits Pathway, and from that, on the second Harmony Chain, swing it into a Legion Full....whatever it is called. It is nice seeing a 100% recovery followed by 99999 damage to all enemies around at a full charge, I kid you not, 99999. Once the Dragon died, I just did the same with Waltz. I never let Allegretto use his skills unless my chain was down and his turn was ready to end. Just save it ALL for Frederic. If you have those two light moves, use them, they will work wonders.

Message 2 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Dec 28, 2008
I did it finally, I let the men take care of Waltz.  Gretto, Frederic and Jazz did it for me.  I'm loving Spirits Pathway though, it's madness.
http://i49.tinypic.com/bhkqq9.jpg
Message 3 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 7, 2009

I had to level up a lot to beat waltz too, got Frederic, viola and jazz up to ~51-52 and it was pretty easy. but any less than that and I couldn't do it.

also Tri-Clementia is a better heal than spirits pathway

Message 4 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jan 16, 2009
Allegretto,Jazz and Frederick....best team...just make sure your at lv.40 or higher
Message 5 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Jan 16, 2009
I went with Falcutto, Fedric, and Viola on the 360 version I just beat waltz today yeah he is a cheap little mother. My thoughts are this you should have two going after waltz and one going after the dragon. If you can get him close enough to the dragon to were a single strike can hurt both of them try to do so and then do a punishing combo. Heal with Fedric and Viola. Also make sure you level up and have the best armor on. After you beat em it's on to the last chapter.
Message 6 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Jan 20, 2009
First waltz?  Right team for it.  Make sure to use Violas "Hawkeye" and DO NOT dispell it by using a special attack, unless you have one REALLY good one.  Hawkeye will increase, nearly doubleing, every attack untill and including the next special used.  Unlimited duration if you are using basic attacks, like violas bow shots.  Still, the real trick is going to be taking out waltz first, hes far mroe damageing but not that much tougher, and learning to block his attacks.  I beat this at low 30s.  Learning his attacks will be very good practice as well, though I still cant counterattack to save my life.
Message 7 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 17, 2009

Ah ha, I found a little bit of a trick accidentally after a lot of frustration and time spent trying to level up my guys. (This is by far the hardest boss fight I've had, I didn't have to try to level my players before.)

First of all, I used March, Jazz, and Frederic (38,39,38).  Put Frederic way up north to cast Spirits Pathway 3 times each round.  Have Jazz take on Waltz.

Now, here's the wrinkle: Put March on the opposite side of the Dragon from Waltz to build up the echo meter and to stay out of harms way for the most part.  What's interesting is that Waltz will start to go after March, but he often gets stuck running up against the dragon wasting his turn!  Seems to be a bug in the logic of the game.  Anyways, now that he is up against the dragon and most likely with his back to Jazz, Jazz can easily rack up 32 echos hitting both of them at the same time and do a massive special chain hitting them.

Once I figured that out, it was pretty easy to defeat him.  If anything, it gets difficult once the dragon finally dies, but by then Waltz is pretty hurt.

Resist the temptation to focus on the dragon (it's pretty weak anyways) and don't crowd around Waltz because he will just do multiple hits on your guys and you'll be scrambling to try to keep everyone alive.

Hope this helps those googling the subject!

Message 8 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Aug 25, 2009

Yeah his is one tricky B**bleep**stard.. and I've seen that situation on the many attempts to get him boxed in.. Yah! you did Well!!!! lol and at such low levels

On my second play through.. mmm 

Salsa 44

March 42?

Beat 44

everybody dies at least once.. 

Eternal Sonata Boss Fight Encore Count Waltz Calamity Wilhm

I hated Count Waltz.... I did my second play through all the way.. Reunion, Dolce (3rd fight), Ezi then had just Beat take on Count Waltz.. the level was too much for ole Count Watlz.

Eternal Sonata Boss Fight Encore Count Waltz & Ruined Body
Message 9 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Aug 25, 2009

Wow. I'm happy to say that I beat Waltz and his dragon the first time with Frederic, Salsa, and Viola. Frederic and Viola both at 38 and Salsa a few levels behind. Viola from afar, Salsa as my echo builder, and Frederic as a healer and tank at most times. The only one who died was Frederic although quite a few times, around 6 if I remember correctly.

Took out the dragon first making sure that my chars would end up facing Waltz so I can guard. Bomb the dragon with attacks, build up echoes, Harmony Chain, Spirit's Pathway when Salsa or Frederic is on the red, rinse, and repeat. Did the same thing with Waltz though I nearly lost when he was killing Frederic on every turn because this was a long battle and I was getting hungry. Had to waste my turns on Angel Trumpets and Heal Arrow. I just ran away from him to recover and get my groove back then just hit him hard. I guess I was lucky. =D

Message 10 of 19 (972 Views)
0 Likes