Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 27 2010
By: TripG Uncharted Territory 1419 posts

Dumbest Lines - Eternal Sonata

5 replies 573 views Edited Jul 27, 2010

Ok, seeing how this forum is sooo quiet, I thought I'd ask those of us still playing this game, what do you think the dumbest lines are in the game. I have two of them.

Allegretto - "If you think too much, you wont win"  Not sure why I think this is dumb, but everytime I hear him say it, I cringe.

But the worst one is Falsetto's - "Now you see the power of man". She uses this when she uses one of her special moves. Umm, the last time I checked, Falsetto was a female. And given that she is a female, her line is just stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (573 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Re: Dumbest Lines - Eternal Sonata

Jul 29, 2010

Heh...well my memory sucks so I can't really remember any of them but most of the battle lines are pretty cheesy. But I mean all battle lines are in all games.  I think any battle line ever said is cheesy, just the nature of them.   Same as saying things...er I mean...never mind.

But there was one that was particularly silly but I can't remember it :-(  And I don't know if i'll hear it again in the game since I've only fought the guy once so far...though he does seem like a recurring villan so maybe I'll hear it again and then I'll try to remember it.

But that line you said is a bit odd.  It almost sounds contradictory somehow...even though its not....

There is a line form Star Trek that I've always found hilarious.  "If you don't get it than I can't explain it to you".  For some reason that line from the game reminded me of that...they seem to almost use the same flawed logic.

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Aug 2, 2010

TripG wrote:

Ok, seeing how this forum is sooo quiet, I thought I'd ask those of us still playing this game, what do you think the dumbest lines are in the game. I have two of them.

Allegretto - "If you think too much, you wont win"  Not sure why I think this is dumb, but everytime I hear him say it, I cringe.

But the worst one is Falsetto's - "Now you see the power of man". She uses this when she uses one of her special moves. Umm, the last time I checked, Falsetto was a female. And given that she is a female, her line is just stupid.

Most likely, Falsetto was fighting a monster. "Power of Man" is a common phrase to shorten "Mankind" or "Humans" or "Human kind". Seeing as how monsters aren't men, her line makes perfect sense.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (573 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Aug 3, 2010

The_Pretender21 wrote:

TripG wrote:

Most likely, Falsetto was fighting a monster. "Power of Man" is a common phrase to shorten "Mankind" or "Humans" or "Human kind". Seeing as how monsters aren't men, her line makes perfect sense.

It makes sense, but its still petty corny.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Aug 6, 2010

White_oyster wrote:

The_Pretender21 wrote:

TripG wrote:

Whats a JRPG without cornyness?

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (573 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Aug 10, 2010

The_Pretender21 wrote:

White_oyster wrote:

The_Pretender21 wrote:

TripG wrote:

Whats a JRPG without cornyness?

creamed instead of kernels?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (573 Views)
0 Likes