Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2010
By: Zanzanbeast Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Should i buy this

13 replies 554 views Edited Jan 31, 2010
i was thinking of buying eternal sonata but now that more rpgs are coming out im not too sure, they could be better.... is eternal sonata worth buying?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Should i buy this

Feb 1, 2010

The Good:

- Story

- Visuals

- Music

- Battle System

- Two endings

The bad:

- Very repetitive enemies

- Very small to no freedom

- Moves are repetitious as well. One will be light, one will be dark, but they are the same.

- Little to no replayability

The neutral:

- Characters are hit or miss for people

- Two bonus areas (The exclusive PS3 one is made pat of the main story....bad since that is all

- Amount of extras......such as score pieces, that little temple....etc.

- Game size is decent. Not too big, but not so small.

I think it is more of a rent game. With WKC, TLR, AR, RoF, and all that coming out for RPGs, this one.......eh.....

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Feb 1, 2010

You shouldbe able to find it a for a decent price now so I say yes, worth every penny in my mind

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Feb 19, 2010
I don't think this game is worth picking up at this point and time in the PS3's life span, pretty graphics yes, everything else is mediocre & a completely unsatisfying ending to boot.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Feb 19, 2010
It's still the best rpg i've played on ps3, you should definately buy it. you'll love it.
http://i49.tinypic.com/bhkqq9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3470 posts

Feb 21, 2010

Even though there maybe be better RPG's at this point, particularly if one likes WRPG's, but if you are a fan JRPG's I think its still worth getting.  I still am a huge fan of the visual style.  Yes there are things about it that could be better, but that can be said of almost any game. 

I vote, yes you should get it.

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 21, 2010
I thought it was well worth my thirty dollars. So yes!
PSN - bugcatcherjason
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Feb 22, 2010
I bought this game twice, paid $60 on release day then 8 months later bought it again used after my first copy cracked due to poor handling.
http://i49.tinypic.com/bhkqq9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Aug 10, 2010
By all means, if you can find this rare gem for about $20-25.00 go for it! I love this game despite some of the negative comments about it. I have not finished it yet but plan to do so soon.

One thing that some people don;t like about it is that there are no Trophies associated with this game but all and all if you can find it as it is not an easy game to find anymore, just having a copy of it in your PS3 Collection may be worth it in the end.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Aug 11, 2010

radic202 wrote:
By all means, if you can find this rare gem for about $20-25.00 go for it! I love this game despite some of the negative comments about it. I have not finished it yet but plan to do so soon.

One thing that some people don;t like about it is that there are no Trophies associated with this game but all and all if you can find it as it is not an easy game to find anymore, just having a copy of it in your PS3 Collection may be worth it in the end.

Actually I think they made another print run, it's avalible on Amazon now for $30.

I have thought about it ... but I really hate games that force you to press a block button at the right time. I like to take my time and with a 1 year old running around I have to set the controller down often. Turn-based is best for me, plus I like them more than action games.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (554 Views)
0 Likes