Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 10 2009
By: woobieizer Wastelander 838 posts

Where are you right now in game?

21 replies 548 views Edited Sep 10, 2009

Still having fun?  On your second play through yet?  Stuck anywhere?  Who's carrying your team right now?

Message 1 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
633 posts

Re: Where are you right now in game?

Sep 10, 2009
In the Ruins in Chapter 6.  Lovin this game,  One of the best RPG's I've played in a while.  The colors are incredible.
Message 2 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Sep 27, 2009
I'm stuck on a boss battle, just come out of the lava caves into the forest.
Message 3 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Sep 28, 2009

Dungeon after Forte Castle prison, second playthrough. This is hard without both Salsa and March in my party, I miss my full echos after every turn. D=

Also, Polka's third costume is very nice.

Message 4 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Oct 6, 2009

Hurakan2008 wrote:
I'm stuck on a boss battle, just come out of the lava caves into the forest.

Did you manage to find the big X in Wah Wah Cave and fight Dolce and her crew before the exiting.. if not you can take the lower route back in a skip/jump over the broken path, Jumping fire fish thingy, and come up on a Dragon looking at one of those flower things, under him is the X.. if you inspect the X you will prompt a cutscene and fight Dolce again for some cool booty.

Message Edited by woobieizer on 10-06-2009 03:28 AM
Message 5 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Oct 6, 2009

Tsukiyoshi wrote:

Dungeon after Forte Castle prison, second playthrough. This is hard without both Salsa and March in my party, I miss my full echos after every turn. D=

I hardly doubt it was hard for YOU!, just more challenging.  BTW are you manually changing your level now?  The second play

through will not do it for you auto. for you like it did first go round.  

glad your still having fun!

Message Edited by woobieizer on 10-06-2009 03:29 AM
Message 6 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1959 posts

Oct 7, 2009

Not far.

I just got it and found a little problem I wanted to warn you all about.  I finially made it to the first town, and after talking to two NPC's (and a chicken), I went into the first house on the left where the old guy that thinks I'm someone else sits in front of.  Inside is a lady who is busy cleaning the house.  Well, I decided to explore and ran into the back left area, only to be followed by the NPC lady.

She trapped me in the corner and stayed there.  Aparently her route was stopped by me, and I was stopped by her.  I had no choice but to restart, and by that time I had to stop playing anyway.

Message 7 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Oct 7, 2009

woobieizer wrote:

Tsukiyoshi wrote:

I hardly doubt it was hard for YOU!, just more challenging.  BTW are you manually changing your level now?  The second play

through will not do it for you auto. for you like it did first go round.  

glad your still having fun!

Message Edited by woobieizer on 10-06-2009 03:29 AM

If you mean party levels, yes. Tutorial with Polka resets it to 1 and tutorial with Allegretto outside the city resets it to 2.

This game is my favorite PS3 game so far, I have a weak spot for colorful yet simple graphics and turn based battle.

Message 8 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Oct 10, 2009
I'm stuck again, same boss, but 3rd time round. The part where your looking for the Agogo mother. Its not letting me go anywhere to level up. I can't beat him :K
Message 9 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Oct 10, 2009

Hurakan2008 wrote:
I'm stuck again, same boss, but 3rd time round. The part where your looking for the Agogo mother. Its not letting me go anywhere to level up. I can't beat him :K

Don't you have an earlier save? It's my rule to have a different save everytime I go into a different area, usually about 3 slots will do but when I can I go crazy with saves.

If not then you should take advantage of the guard button. After a few turns, you should be able to tell when the guard message pops up and be able to hit the right button at the exact moment. Another thing is bunch up Angel Trumpets and healing items together then set your item button in the middle of those two groups so you don't have to look for them. You should also always keep you party facing him while not being next to each other. To me, level doesn't matter as much as their skill sets so you should try to mix up yourparty a bit and see what works.

Playing defensively, I used Viola, Frederic, and Polka. Keep Viola as far away as possible so her back is to a wall which eliminates unblockable attacks, she also serves as a backup healer using items and reviving team mates using Trumpets. Frederic, albeit fragile, as a tank and damage dealer. His healing keeps himself and the others up when needed, his fairly fast attacks keeps my echoes up. Polka as my main healer but is also at the front lines helping with combos. With this team I kee up my party's health almost full without the worry of all of them dying because Viola is always at the back dealing her overpowered damage.

I didn't try for an offensive party until I got Party level 5, but they were Salsa, March, and Frederic. Echoes will be halfway full after every attack and Frederic will always heal at Harmony Chains.

Message Edited by Tsukiyoshi on 10-10-2009 01:02 PM
Message 10 of 22 (548 Views)
0 Likes