Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Nov 4, 2007
here I found it

Otic wrote:
oh god! you have better be every bit of good you say you are because if you aren't then I'm going to highly be upset that I ever paid you any attention (BTW you mentioned earlyer that you won a game in the 8th turn witch if you ment your 8th turn is baleavable but you didn't, in 8 total turn means both would of had only 4 monsters on the field and thatsif non kill eatch other. WOW you must have a card that uses some sort of shadow clone or duplicate effect LMAO). Your like a child that says hey look at me! keep in mind that you started this little fued you posted in my thread!, and what will you call me after I beat you? hmm let me guess (well i don't play card games) Now I know how Sony feels being the best console and you are my Bill Gates hell you might as well start throwing money around and get some boosters. Your the one that seems to throw a temper tantrum about me having a higher rank and even the mods think so; Other wise they wouldn't have deleted your last post.  the game will be best out of 3 I will record each replay and when the games are done I will post them on you tube with a little side comment. Of course this means alot to me since you claim I'm a stat padder and since you can't prove your claim then I must show you and the world who so ever challenges me that I do have a awsome grasp of the game with onlyh a theme deck noboosters what so ever. keep playing your daughter becuase that will be about the only person you will ever beat! might as well get the rope and play double dutch or ken and barbie. If you want attention well you have my undevided attention, what will you do with it now?

PS: you must pay the same attention tome since youmust have looked every where for that comment and any other statements that I have made. Looks like I have a number one fan!

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Nov 4, 2007
What propaganda!!
Skandall the match isn't even done as stated a few postsback the game is best out of 3 and the match is now tied at 1 to 1 I just scorched you lastgame. Itold you that I was impressed by your 1st win, but I told you I know now what deck you run and you would't beat again. we still have one last match that you said to wait for in order to break the tie.

ps: I said best of 3 read a few posts back. don't celebrate just yet I won that last round.
I'll keep ya'll posted of the final round. too bad I can't enhance with the new 12 boosters I bought

Skandall wrote:
Round One of the Epic Duel pitting Otic vs. Skandall has been concluded.  One player has over 350 wins and 0 losses.  The other player is 15 wins and 13 losses.  The duel was somewhat swift, ending on turn 15 (I think, I do remember it being roughly 2 am so maybe I'm a little off).  Though, neither player summoned a single creature for the first 8 rounds (okay, a couple were summoned but really they were intentionally summoned in positions to kill them).  But who actually won this first round?  Why Skandall, of course!  No, wait, what?  How did I win?  Oh, that's right, blind luck!  Okay, I did have some strategy going and I did draw the cards I needed, more or less.  It also helped that Otic had made some assumptions about the contents of my deck early on which likely played a big role in his demise.  When my elves dodged his attack that would have been far and away overkill, it took me a second to realize what had just happened.  I was in total shock.  The next round I checked and double-checked everything before I summoned my last creature, I was a bit nervous that I'd accidently do something stupid.  Phew.  One down, two to go.  Of course, now he knows how this deck works.  Now is where the real challange comes into play.  Beating someone when they have no idea what your deck does is much easier than beating that same someone twice, let alone, three times in a row.  We'll see.  We'll see.  Lastly, I'd like to thank Otic for his good sportsman ship.  He was a, cough, choke, very honorable player.  That is to say, he took the loss well.  He didn't make up lame excuses.  He didn't throw a tantrum and sling insults at all.  You'd almost think he was relieved to be beaten.

Otic wrote:
excuse me sir but in that match I actually started early I usually wait till my enemy has 4 monsters befor I start playing my monsters since any one who has a biolith deck knows that you need tons of many in order to play your deck the right way. by the time my enemy has 4 monsters i'll have 10 mana and my opponent will have about 3 or 2 mana; In addition the monsters I want would be in my hand along with the spell to almost double my mana (hint) a common bniolith player would know this. as for him almost winning there was no way, and this is why.
1: I had enough mana to kill several of his monsters droping him to 3 monsters again but in doing so I would of still had 4
2: see that last cards I had? I could of summond 2 cards that would of won the game (luck consists of drawing the winning card)
3:the opponent had no cards to have saved him since I made him discard so many cards from the beginning (hint) another biolith trick

ps: god! I am giving away valuble information just proving you wrong.
and yes I have a theam deack you can ask anyone that has a deck like mine and they will tell you they have thesame cards as me. Of course I added a few cards that you get from the starter deck along with 1 leaping frog bandit that I pulled from the booster the game came with

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Nov 4, 2007
Otic,I believe you are number 2 in the raking so if you coould change your signature that would be great.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 4, 2007
I know you said best out of three, and we'll do that, even though you keep changing the rules for the match as we go.  First it was a game, then it was best out of three, now you want to change your deck before the final duel?  What's the matter afraid you can't beat me again?  Fact of the matter is that I made a huge mistake before the second game even started.  But, you gotta ask yourself, did he do it on purpose?  Was he just messing with me?  Did he let me win that second game to save my ego from imploding upon itself?  What's sad is that for as great as you seem to think you are at this game, you couldn't beat me until you knew what was in my deck.  I guess we'll have to see who wins this last round.  From what I've seen, it could go either way.  Though, I'll be honest, it's probably leaning in your favor.

To all our loyal readers, the last duel is about to begin, or at least it would be if random people didn't keep showing up in my custom room. 

Otic wrote:
What propaganda!!
Skandall the match isn't even done as stated a few postsback the game is best out of 3 and the match is now tied at 1 to 1 I just scorched you lastgame. Itold you that I was impressed by your 1st win, but I told you I know now what deck you run and you would't beat again. we still have one last match that you said to wait for in order to break the tie.

ps: I said best of 3 read a few posts back. don't celebrate just yet I won that last round.
I'll keep ya'll posted of the final round. too bad I can't enhance with the new 12 boosters I bought

---------- Begin Rant ----------
In a world where the internet allows humanity to communicate their interests, opinions, feelings, and generally make their voice heard, it is more than a little saddening that their chosen voice is so often that of a whiny homophobic caveman whose vocabulary consists of perhaps a dozen expletives and a handful of one syllable words which they are incapable of forming into complete, never mind coherent, sentences.
While you take your ability to read and write for granted by ignoring what you learned and butchering its spelling and grammar, somewhere in the world an underprivileged child cries because they have no school in which to learn how to read and write.
Don't be a caveman and don't be an ingrate; write like it's a privilege and not a right.
---------- End Rant ----------
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Nov 4, 2007
actully he said

Otic wrote:
. too bad I can't enhance with the new 12 boosters I bought

Skandall wrote:
I know you said best out of three, and we'll do that, even though you keep changing the rules for the match as we go.  First it was a game, then it was best out of three, now you want to change your deck before the final duel?  What's the matter afraid you can't beat me again?  Fact of the matter is that I made a huge mistake before the second game even started.  But, you gotta ask yourself, did he do it on purpose?  Was he just messing with me?  Did he let me win that second game to save my ego from imploding upon itself?  What's sad is that for as great as you seem to think you are at this game, you couldn't beat me until you knew what was in my deck.  I guess we'll have to see who wins this last round.  From what I've seen, it could go either way.  Though, I'll be honest, it's probably leaning in your favor.

To all our loyal readers, the last duel is about to begin, or at least it would be if random people didn't keep showing up in my custom room. 

Otic wrote:
What propaganda!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets ask Snoop if he would buy any other system besides a PS3

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3871 posts

Re: Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Nov 4, 2007
Wow, statboosters piss me off. I hope this Otic guy gets banned.
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Nov 5, 2007
and the winner was....?   man i hope this Otic guy gets his
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Nov 5, 2007
i know who won but i'll let them post the results
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lets ask Snoop if he would buy any other system besides a PS3

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 5, 2007
Alas, despite my initial victory, I was not able to best his deck in the final round.  The game lasted just over 24 rounds, but really, I knew that after about turn 16 I was only delaying the inevitable.  Make no mistake, his deck is solid and it has clearly been built with a strong sense of strategy.  He held the entire field with only three creatures such that anything I could have played would be killed on his next turn.  My Biolith Ninja did a remarkable job of postponing my eventual loss and the fact that I just didn't draw the right cards for my protection combo certainly didn't help things.  I did avoid some previous mistakes against that deck, but in the end my little guys just couldn't go toe to toe with his Biolith monsters.

What I have noticed over the past few days of playing is that he has what must be the single most unreliable internet connection I have ever seen.  I can't even begin to count how many times I saw him come online only to go back offline unexpectedly.  I would invite him to a custome room, he'd get in, and then <poof> he'd be gone again.

As for my Cubic deck, it "has failed me for the last time."  I have deleted it and will attempt to make something less mediocre.  I'm sure that Otic hasn't seen the last of me.  We did play a fourth game where he was using a new deck, a game which I won.

In the end I think there are two lessons to be learned:
1) Setting up a duel with a specific person is a total pain in the rear and something needs to be done to make these types of challenges easier as well as tracking who won (if not also keeping a replay).
2) The title of this thread is a little off and would be more accurate if it were: Expensive cards mean nothing without a well thought out strategy for their use in your deck.

As I said before, the results of this challenge prove nothing.  Otic may not be a total poser, but I highly question his ability to win 355 out of 359 games (apparently those 4 losses were due to forced exits).  This is a CCG and luck of the draw wields a heavy hand over ones success or failure.  Now we'll just have to watch and see how often he actually has full game replays.

flynn110 wrote:
and the winner was....?   man i hope this Otic guy gets his

---------- Begin Rant ----------
In a world where the internet allows humanity to communicate their interests, opinions, feelings, and generally make their voice heard, it is more than a little saddening that their chosen voice is so often that of a whiny homophobic caveman whose vocabulary consists of perhaps a dozen expletives and a handful of one syllable words which they are incapable of forming into complete, never mind coherent, sentences.
While you take your ability to read and write for granted by ignoring what you learned and butchering its spelling and grammar, somewhere in the world an underprivileged child cries because they have no school in which to learn how to read and write.
Don't be a caveman and don't be an ingrate; write like it's a privilege and not a right.
---------- End Rant ----------
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Nov 5, 2007
I was matched against the #4 ranked guy in the fire nation, and beat him after a long match.  He had a lot of fights, but did seem to be a good player.  Of course I only had about 15 fights or so at the time.
PSN: Grizzly63

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 69 (358 Views)
0 Likes