Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 31 2007
By: otic101 I Only Post Everything 1010 posts

expensive cards mean nothing!

68 replies 630 views Edited Oct 31, 2007
please try to keep in mind that you can have all the expensive cards but even starter decks are cappable of winning games. I have yet to buy a booster and contructed a winning deck.
In saying this please get the fundamentals of the game down pack, then learn how to construct a deck, then use booster cards other wise your expensive deck becomes meaningless.
Message 1 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Re: expensive cards mean nothing!

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah i understand what your saying about how the starter deck can win games too. But you should still get boosters it part of expanding your gameplay and also you would be able to make multiple decks for your own. But i will give you this the starter deck is hard to learn with when your playing against the A.I.
Message 2 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Oct 31, 2007
I can't wait to get boosters to expand my game play but I want people to understand that winning doesn't matter on the cost of a card unlike yugioh. This game isn't based on just one card as you can tell
Message 3 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 31, 2007
My personal favorite card of the starter deck would have to be the Elven Beserker Maiden. I love that card you just set it on a earth field and watch her sit there and beat things up with her 3 dmg. Awesome card their are others i like but this one is the most handy card to have in the deck.
Message 4 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
659 posts

Oct 31, 2007

Jif_Zero wrote:
My personal favorite card of the starter deck would have to be the Elven Beserker Maiden. I love that card you just set it on a earth field and watch her sit there and beat things up with her 3 dmg. Awesome card their are others i like but this one is the most handy card to have in the deck.

Thats only when she has 1 HP though.
Message 5 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 31, 2007
Hence the reason he said summon her to an Earth field.

The number of games I haven't bought b/c of upscaling: 0
The reason why? Both of my HDTV's are capable of 720p and up
Quit whining about it. Buy a new TV.
Message 6 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1295 posts

Oct 31, 2007
Dang, I still have so many of those little tricks to learn...  I thought this card was pretty much useless.  Very, very nice tip. I'll look forward to when she'll show up in my hand again!

Thanks
eoj3
Message 7 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Oct 31, 2007
I'd take advice from you if I thought it was worth anything.  Why is it that everytime I try to watch a replay of your games they all end before Open Field?  Oh wait, nevermind the answer to that question is obvious: Stat Padding!  You have over 1400 Honor.  Let's assume that you have done the impossible and won every game you've played; that would mean you earned an average of 4 honor per game.  In order to attain the amount of honor the rankings say you have, you'd need to have played 24 hours a day for just over a week.  Since, that is clearly impossible, as is winning every game you play, it is obvious that your rank is meaningless.  MasterShake (that's not how he spells it but that's what his PSN means) does the same thing.  Fact of the matter is that I highly question the validity of any player with an honor score above 700.  We all know that players with scores that high and with game replays that end right away are stat padding.  We also know that stat padding is a direct violation of the PSN TOS.

Personally, I look forward to a global rank reset after this exploit is fixed.  Then we'll be able to see who should be handing out advice.
---------- Begin Rant ----------
In a world where the internet allows humanity to communicate their interests, opinions, feelings, and generally make their voice heard, it is more than a little saddening that their chosen voice is so often that of a whiny homophobic caveman whose vocabulary consists of perhaps a dozen expletives and a handful of one syllable words which they are incapable of forming into complete, never mind coherent, sentences.
While you take your ability to read and write for granted by ignoring what you learned and butchering its spelling and grammar, somewhere in the world an underprivileged child cries because they have no school in which to learn how to read and write.
Don't be a caveman and don't be an ingrate; write like it's a privilege and not a right.
---------- End Rant ----------
Message 8 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Oct 31, 2007
the card is nice but it doesnt hold down very well, pretty much any card can attack and remove it from the field.
Message 9 of 69 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 31, 2007

Skandall wrote:
I'd take advice from you if I thought it was worth anything.  Why is it that everytime I try to watch a replay of your games they all end before Open Field?  Oh wait, nevermind the answer to that question is obvious: Stat Padding!  You have over 1400 Honor.  Let's assume that you have done the impossible and won every game you've played; that would mean you earned an average of 4 honor per game.  In order to attain the amount of honor the rankings say you have, you'd need to have played 24 hours a day for just over a week.  Since, that is clearly impossible, as is winning every game you play, it is obvious that your rank is meaningless.  MasterShake (that's not how he spells it but that's what his PSN means) does the same thing.  Fact of the matter is that I highly question the validity of any player with an honor score above 700.  We all know that players with scores that high and with game replays that end right away are stat padding.  We also know that stat padding is a direct violation of the PSN TOS.

Personally, I look forward to a global rank reset after this exploit is fixed.  Then we'll be able to see who should be handing out advice.

I really hope this happens as well.  The ranking system right now means NOTHING.  I agree with the OP in his stating that one can win with the starter deck, but he hasn't actually done that yet.

_-_-_-_-_My Betas_-_-_-_-_-_

Warhawk (closed)
Resistance 2 (closed)
Socom: Confrontation (open)
LittleBigPlanet (closed)
Killzone 2 (closed)
MAG (closed)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (closed)
Modnation Racers (closed)
Medal of Honor (closed)
Dead Space 2 (closed)
Message 10 of 69 (630 Views)