Aug 23 2011
By: jake2055 First Son 16 posts
Accepted Solution

Anyone miss the REAL Chinese Stealth Suit From FO3

8 replies 776 views Edited Aug 23, 2011

Does anyone miss the REAL Chinese Stealth Suit from FO3? I sure do! (SPOILERS) The one you find in FO NV only boosts your stealth capability but does not make you invisible! Some say that made things too easy, but for me in FO3, I really enjoyed breaking the boredom sometimes by sneaking in among the Raiders or other enemies and hearing their conversations. especially when you watch their routes and drop a few mines in their path! BOOM! Then watch them scurry trying to find you! Also getting close and picking them apart with a Dart Gun (Silent) or the Silenced .22 pistol! Great stuff.... Fallout NV really disappointed me by leaving that one out. Bummer! Those Non-Armor wearing hillbillies in 'Lookout Point' were the toughest characters to kill??!, But they had some funny dialog when you pinged them to death using that silenced .22

I'd LOVE to be able to do that with the enemies in FO NV!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Re: Anyone miss the REAL Chinese Stealth Suit From FO3

Aug 23, 2011

Agreed 100%.

That was the biggest letdown for me. I would have rathered have had no Chinese Stealth Armor in NV, than to have the one with no stealth field at all.

Luckily, I'm PC gamer now. Mods are awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Aug 27, 2011

Yes. I have FO3 on PS3 and my smaller PC(Older desktop w/20 in monitor) and I may just set it up on my Big Boy (New tower hooked into a 50 in Plasma!). I have my PS3 set up on that W/FO NV. I havent tried any mods yet but the obvious limitations with the consoles are making me move in that direction, sorry to say. I may buy FO NV for the Big Boy but I'm waiting (hopefully) for the GOTY version with all the D/L. It would be nice if Sony listened to their customers and put in an update to the FO NV that modified the Stealth suit to the same speces from FO3, but I'm not holding my breath.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Sep 1, 2011

it was the best find in the Fallout 3 game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Sep 3, 2011

Even though the suit in Old World Blues doens't have the visual effect, it works as well... and it's got a cute voice.

"What part of 'it's a game' don't you understand. If you get angry because of a game, please don't ever go to the DMV."
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Oct 29, 2011

with or wirhout the stealth field, the suit still looks soo good.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Oct 29, 2011

I never really cared for the head piece of the suit, but back in FO3 (with the use of that wonderful headgear stacking glitch) I liked wearing the Winterized combat helmet with the stealth suit. That looked badass.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jul 16, 2012

taker-77 wrote:

I never really cared for the head piece of the suit, but back in FO3 (with the use of that wonderful headgear stacking glitch) I liked wearing the Winterized combat helmet with the stealth suit. That looked badass.

Yeah, same here.  I always thought it was a cross between a fly's head and a fencing mask.

And, I agree with the original poster.  The Fallout 3 version of that suit was awesome!  I would basically use it in any situation in which I would normally use a Stealth Boy  When I found it in Fallout:  New Vegas, at first I thought I had run into a glitch or something.  But, then I looked it up and found out that the lack of a stealth field was intentional.  Bummer...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (774 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Aug 24, 2012

the fo3 stealth suit was a gas and i found that a higher sneak like 75+ was needed . with a sneak of 100 and the suit i can sneak up and punch a deathclaw in its nose. lol. the ability to play anchorage very early gave repeated play throughs a new twist. putting diferent cloths on people and listening on mutant and raiders conversations was fun as were the many pranks with high explosives.

the fo3 stealth suit would have been fun in new vegas but with it unique to fo3 makes it more special.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (751 Views)
0 Likes