Nov 30 2010
By: DarrenDiamond24 Lombax Warrior 174 posts

Camp Forlorn Hope. Freezes my PS3 every time

11 replies 592 views Edited Nov 30, 2010

So I was going aroung New Vegas, discovering all the locations that I missed on my way to the strip. When I come along Camp Forlorn Hope and the frame rate starts to go to sh*t and then freezes. I start up my PS3 about  another 7 times and the same thing happens (tried to enter the camp different ways each time). I am just hoping there is nothing too important there that has to be done before I can finish the main quest. I read on the Wiki that there is some bug that has the Legion starting a fight out side the camp, so it says to enter from the north but same thing happens. I even opened a save from before I got any where near the camp and same thing. This has stopped me from playing the game for 2 weeks. Just played last night but it froze again near the camp. I guess I can just not go there, but I really want to.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Re: Camp Forlorn Hope. Freezes my PS3 every time

Nov 30, 2010

Welcome to the club! The same thing happened with mine but I entered from the North end and it was slow but I made it to the main tent and after that it was fine.

You do not need access to it to beat the game but if you want the trophy return to sender you will need to go there multiple times.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I did make it in to the camp when I came in from the north. But instead of going to the main tent, I just walked around for 15 seconds then it froze. I will try to head straight for the main tent next time. thanks and Yes, I would like the trophy

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Nov 30, 2010

It ran fine for me in the tent but then it froze on my way out but I saved inside the tent and after that I just reloaded a save. For the quest there I always fast traveled out of the area and back to the area.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1726 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Works fine for me, Camp Golf on the other hand freezes up on me and sometimes takes 2-5 minutes to load when I go there.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Camp Forlorn Hope is the place where I get 3/4 of my freezes. It is so annoying having to restart your console 5 times because some quest(s) want you to go back there. The only reason to go there, besides the quests, is the guy who plays caravan with a ton of caps.

Have a nice and wonderful day, everyone. Except for you at the back. Yes you.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Dec 1, 2010

I'm convinced that the eastern part of the map is cursed.

I too freeze when I go there and to Nelson.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Dec 1, 2010

I had a similar issue with Novac during my first playthrough. Damn game froze as soon as I got near the center of town. I reloaded over ten times with no luck.

Finally, I deleted the Game Data (NOT SAVED DATA) and reloaded. It has worked fine ever since.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Hey taker, is the "Game Data" in the up/down game menu on the PS3. I think I go in there and delete all the game data after I trade or sell a game so I can get back some Gig's. If I delete the game data, it doesn't affect my saved game? What does it actually do? And would I have to re-install the game or just put in the Blu-ray and continue to play.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Dec 2, 2010

DarrenDiamond24 wrote:

Hey taker, is the "Game Data" in the up/down game menu on the PS3. I think I go in there and delete all the game data after I trade or sell a game so I can get back some Gig's. If I delete the game data, it doesn't affect my saved game? What does it actually do? And would I have to re-install the game or just put in the Blu-ray and continue to play.

Yup, that's the one DD (in the Game Utility folder). It wouldn't affect your saves at all. You will need to re-download the update and re-install the game data, but that will all happen as soon as you start the game.

As for what it actually does, I'm really not sure on the specifics but I can tell you that it does usually work wonders on Bethesda's games. I've been doing this for ESIV, FO3 and now NV. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (592 Views)
0 Likes