Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2010
By: BKlamke12 Lombax Warrior 183 posts

DLC for PS3?

10 replies 37 views Edited Aug 16, 2010

So I have never dpurchased downloadable content before and am not sure how to do it for the playstation.

I've checked the playstation store but I can't find it anywhere.

Do I even buy through the store? Or is it gone now?

Any help would be appreciated.

bklamke12
Message 1 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Re: DLC for PS3?

Aug 17, 2010

Go to the PS Store. Select Add-ons. Then select Disc Based Games. Then select A-L. It is right between Fairytale Fights and Farcry 2.

You had me worried for a second so I double checked. All five are still there.  

Message 2 of 11 (37 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Aug 17, 2010

Ya, and if you don't want to use your credit card just go to a store like Bestbuy and purchase a PSN Card for either $20 or $50

I would recommend gettin Broken Steel first, and then gettin the others at a later time.

I am war, I am pain, I am all you've ever slain, I am tears in your eyes, I am grief, I am lies
Message 3 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Aug 17, 2010

They are each $10 and there are five of them.

O:A is more action oriented and scripted, it took me around 4-5 hours my first playthrough and the items you get after beating it are nice

The Pitt is more open than O:A andhas a variety of things that are extremely useful, for example the ammo press. I probably spent 15 hours doing everything in it and was my favorite story wise.

BS is the most useful one because it adds 10 levels and allows you to play after the main quest is finished. Story wise it's alright and probably took me 10 hours to complete the missions.  I recommend that you definitely get this one since it adds to the main game.

PL has its own serperate world thats probably half the size of the Capital Wasteland. But it is also the most glitch filled experience. This place has more creapy undertowns and is set in the swamplands in the south. I can remember how long it took me since it was the first DLC I played.

MZ I haven't played but I heard that it has the same gameplay as O:A, being more action based

Message 4 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Aug 17, 2010

taker-77 wrote:

Go to the PS Store. Select Add-ons. Then select Disc Based Games. Then select A-L. It is right between Fairytale Fights and Farcry 2.

Oh wowwwww..

I figured out what my problem is.

It won't let me purchase add ons for mature games because I was honest and said I was 16 when making my account.

They need to make it possible for the parents to go on and set it. I hate how so much is affected by an age limit when I was just honest with it.

bklamke12
Message 5 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4917 posts

Aug 17, 2010

BKlamke12 wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

Oh wowwwww..

It won't let me purchase add ons for mature games because I was honest and said I was 16 when making my account.

They need to make it possible for the parents to go on and set it. I hate how so much is affected by an age limit when I was just honest with it.

Damn, that is a bummer.

I guess honesty isn't always the best policy. Looks like its the GOTY for you (if you really want the DLCs anyway)

Message 6 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Aug 17, 2010

Wow that really sucks. Either you could buy the GOTY or wait another year. Also I'm not sure if this would work but make another account lie about your age, buy the DLC and just go back to yuor normal profile.

Message 7 of 11 (37 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Aug 17, 2010

taker-77 wrote:

BKlamke12 wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

Oh wowwwww..

Damn, that is a bummer.

I guess honesty isn't always the best policy. Looks like its the GOTY for you (if you really want the DLCs anyway)

Would it still work for my account if I bought it through another account?

Like if I bought it through my brothers account (set over 18 cause he was too young to have one) would my account still be able to access the DLC even if its purchased through his?

bklamke12
Message 8 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Aug 17, 2010

BKlamke12 wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

BKlamke12 wrote:

taker-77 wrote:

Oh wowwwww..

Damn, that is a bummer.

Would it still work for my account if I bought it through another account?

Like if I bought it through my brothers account (set over 18 cause he was too young to have one) would my account still be able to access the DLC even if its purchased through his?

If it's on the system and you don't delete his profile it will work fine.

I am war, I am pain, I am all you've ever slain, I am tears in your eyes, I am grief, I am lies
Message 9 of 11 (37 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Aug 17, 2010

Gilliand wrote:

Wow that really sucks. Either you could buy the GOTY or wait another year. Also I'm not sure if this would work but make another account lie about your age, buy the DLC and just go back to yuor normal profile.

Oh thanks. I missed this post just a second ago.

I'll buy it through my brothers then. Thanks.

bklamke12
Message 10 of 11 (37 Views)
0 Likes