First Son
2 posts

Re: Fallout 3 broken steel dlc problem! (PLEASE HELP!)

Apr 18, 2011

I can confirm what Musicman has said. I have purchased the Fallout 3 disc retail from Best Buy in Edmonton - there isn't much on the case to indicate that it is a "Canadian" version, other than a bit of French associated with the warnings on the back. And of course, there's the French language manual.

So when I purchased the Broken Steel DLC from the PlayStation store via my PS3, I had no idea I was to choose the "French" version. I can't imagine anything more STUPID - talk about a poorly labeled product, Sony!

Anyway, I downloaded the wrong one and it didn't work - exactly the same problem as aforementioned. I called PlayStation support:

http://www.playstation.ca/contact.aspx

...and after about 10 minutes on the phone, I got my refund.

When I try out the "French" version, I'll let you know if it worked.

Message 11 of 18 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 18, 2011

PROBLEM SOLVED.

OK, I have absolute confirmation now. I have downloaded the "French" version of Broken Steel, and it works perfectly. It contains the English version of Broken Steel as well (I AM NOT FRENCH!)

So this is a real problem for Canadians who have the Canuck version of Fallout 3 - Sony has created an unnecessary problem by labeling the Broken Steel expansion pack as "French", when it should more properly be called "Canadian".

Sony, Please fix this, as you are causing unnecessary confusion!!!

In the meantime, if you own the "Canadian" version of the game (look for French warnings on the bottom of the back of the case - if there's any French there, you have the Canadian version) - you need to choose the "French" version of the Broken Steel expansion when purchasing from the PlayStation Store.

Message 12 of 18 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Apr 27, 2011

Hmmm ... so you are telling us that your "friend" purchased the DLC and you downloaded it onto your PS3 from his account? You do realize that is stealing and you aren't supposed to do that, right? Am I the only one who caught this?

Message 13 of 18 (1,262 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 11, 2012

i got the same problem but ik i have the european version of the game... so mabey thats it... if i was you id get a american version and use that... and about saves.. idk if you can use thoes.. i havent gotten an anwer to that yet

Message 14 of 18 (1,254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 11, 2012

i got the same problem but ik i have the european version of the game. so mabey thats it. if i was you id get a american version and use that. and about saves. idk if you can use thoes.i havent gotten an anwer to that yet

Message 15 of 18 (1,254 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16260 posts

Jul 12, 2012
^^^ this thread is old, and the issue was solved. there were 3 different sku (code on the disk/case) sold in canada coupled with 2 different versions of dlc.

Message 16 of 18 (1,252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2012
thanks soo much i had the same problem
Message 17 of 18 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Hiya,.. 

I got the same problem of everyone.. On the box on of Fallout 3 it's write BLUS-30234GH so i download the version BLUS-30234 of Broken Steel French..  But i didn't see the DLC on my downloads list inside the game and when i play i never got the message about the new level cap. I done everthing people said about deleting the DATA and DLC to re-install them. But it's still do not work... Since i'm a French Canadian my PS3 was setup in French for the menu and gameplay.

I was going to call  PlayStation support when i decide to switch my switch my PS3 language to english... I load Fallout 3 and what a big surprise when i see in my download menu "Broken Steel" 

So if anyone still have the issue of Broken steel do not work and your PS3 is in French switch it in English and you will be enable to access to the DLC...  

Have Fun

Message 18 of 18 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes