Dec 23 2011
By: assassin-o-creed First Son 23 posts

Fallout: 4, worth it?

54 replies 973 views Edited Dec 23, 2011

I'm really looking forward to it but some people say it's not really being considered and that they don't want it because New Vegas was a let down, which I disagree with.

Your opinions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Re: Fallout: 4, worth it?

Dec 28, 2011

Yeah, I would be my last dollar that there will be a Fallout 4. I will certainly buy it, when they do.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that New Vegas was a let down. It vastly improved certain areas of the game, such as the weapons and their accuracy, but was lacking in certain areas, mostly the map and those damn invisible walls, imo. For me, New Vegas was kinda a push. I still love FO3 more but New Vegas wasn't without it's charm.

You should also mention to your whomever is tell you that it isn't being considered, that New Vegas sold more copies that FO3. Bethesda would be foolish to not make FO4, especially with the success of Skyrim.

It's coming. You can believe that.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 28, 2011

i would go for fallout 4, but it needs to be more like fallout3 the story for new vegas didnt really hook me. i would like to see them do it somewhere like new york city, bring back the subways and have all kinds of crazy locations. when i saw the new vegas trailer i thought it was gonna be great a plce with the power back and all, but the story wasnt as good. i think there were just to manyy choices in to many different places, and the tribe system. i walked in to the wrong place just exploring than had to kill everyone and missed out on some missions.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 55 (973 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Dec 29, 2011

bethesda has the rights to make 3 games, so one more fallout is assured.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 29, 2011

That was my problem- FONV didn't have a great story line to me. FO3 was amazing imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Fallout 3 is my favorite game i love everything about it! New Vegas was good too , i liked the variety of new weapons and the companion menu and that there were like 100 quests!! But Bethesda said it wasn't a direct sequel so i'm really excited about Fallout 4 and if it's anything like F3 then damn!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 7, 2012

No doubt there will be a new Fallout title. I never got around to picking up New Vegas, though. I can't even begin to image how amazing the next Fallout will be if they do it right. My guess is it will be released for the next generation consoles depending on when they are going to launch. Bethesda definatly already has it in at least the early stages of development.

"You want S.T.A.R.S.? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S.!"

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jan 8, 2012

When Fallout 4 comes out, buy it. Plain and simple.

Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas were amazing and I'm positive Fallout 4 will be as good, if not better.

I will probably have it on pre order as soon as word comes out about it.

I'm also very curious as to where the setting will be. Fallout 3 was good at mixing in city and hills and New Vegas had more of a desert flatland feel to it. So it's hard to imagine what Fallout 4 will be like. I almost wonder if it will be set just before the nuclear war or maybe far enough after the war and you have to help build the country back up.

What do some of you guys think the setting will be?

bklamke12
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Jan 8, 2012

The popular, yet unofficially confirmed, location is San Fransicso. That could be cool especially with Alcatraz.

Me personally, I want New York City. I think a mixture of the subway, skycrapers and streets would be really awesome. Plus Central Park could add a nice contrast to the city setting.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, I just watched a Fallout 4 trailer on youtube today that had it placed in San Francisco but I can't tell if it's real or not. To me, it looks fake because it shows  Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Washington D.C. all on the same sign on the side of the road.

But yeah, New York would be pretty cool. And I like your idea about Central Park. My only concern would be how they would make all those skyscrapers accessible. I mean, they don't have to make them all accessible, but with so many buildings and so many floors in New York, it'd be hard to tell which buildings you could go in and which ones you can't.

bklamke12
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 55 (973 Views)
0 Likes