Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Re: Fallout: 4, worth it?

Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, although it's a pretty good trailer, it's not real.

And I agree that the skyscapers would be complicated, but still cool. I imagine them all broken and battered, some leaning on others allowing you to pass from on to another under threats of collapsing. I'd love it.

Plus, if they used New York it would be easy to add the influence of the Commonwealth (mentioned in FO3, that I can only assume is a reference to Massachusetts) as a potential enemy/ally or as a DLC.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 55 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jan 8, 2012

The more and more I think about it being in New York, the more and more I agree. It would make sense to take the story there. A post apocalyptic Times Square would be interesting as well, if it has the power like New Vegas haha.

And your Commonwealth idea is genius! I hadn't even thought about that. And the Institute is in the Commonwealth so that would give you tons in new weapons, armor, and plenty of ideas for missions if you were supposed to help them out in the story like you helped your dad and the scientists in Fallout 3.

bklamke12
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 55 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 9, 2012

Fallout 4? yes it will come and it will be getting at least sixty of my dollers if not more. All i can say is i hope it is just as good as fallout 3 but better graphics thats all i ask.

Im a god and war veteran a assassin a Demon and a beserker. Who will you be? (gaming)

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 55 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 9, 2012

If the sequel were to be set in another country such as England that would be awesome. I doubt this will happen anytime soon or ever for that matter but the concept seems very interesting.

"You want S.T.A.R.S.? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S.!"

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 55 (436 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1213 posts

Jan 10, 2012

It could be set in another country. All we know is that China and the US blew the crap out of each other. What if it was based in China? Bombed out foothills and parts of the Himalayas. Maybe even a Yeti easter egg.

PhotobucketBF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 55 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I was mainly thinking Europe or Russia or something as a new setting. Something with a total different climate in most parts. I hope for Europe because then we'll get to see so many more things and you know how many museums there are? Many. You could get unique weapons over in Europe and a total different scenario of events.

Other than Europe, I'd love to see New York, San Fransisco, or Los Angeles.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 55 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Bethesda has already said they are going to use the Gambryo engine for one more game on this system. I can almost assure you it will be Fallout 4. If I were a bettting man I would say we will see it in Fall of 2013 and it will be announced at the Spike Awards at the end of 2012.

Pesonally, I doubt it will be anywhere outside of the US. I am hoping for NYC myself but we will see most likely come the end of this year with a teaser trailer.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 55 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

May 19, 2012

I highly doubt it'll be outside of the US either but you never know. Most likely NY, honestly. That or Los Angeles. Maybe even Miami? Who knows.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 55 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 2, 2012

its a shame they will be reusing the same game engine. it is absolute garbage for the ps3.

(SLP) Handymanphil79
Officer of S.V.E.R. Loyalist Party
The true heart and soul of SVER
Remember kids heal and rez blue dots and kill the red dots
http://www.magleaderboards.com/view-player/handymanphil79

SLP --- OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED. LET THE HATERS HATE
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 55 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts