Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Fallout: 4, worth it?

Jun 19, 2013

djtonytrips wrote:

i would go for fallout 4, but it needs to be more like fallout3 the story for new vegas didnt really hook me. i would like to see them do it somewhere like new york city, bring back the subways and have all kinds of crazy locations. when i saw the new vegas trailer i thought it was gonna be great a plce with the power back and all, but the story wasnt as good. i think there were just to manyy choices in to many different places, and the tribe system. i walked in to the wrong place just exploring than had to kill everyone and missed out on some missions.

^This.

Fallout New Vegas didn't click with me either. I ended up selling my game a few months back, no regrets there. I got a much better feel out of Fallout 3 though. 

Just the exploration and map overall, was a lot better. 

The story as well.

Message 51 of 55 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

The FO NV story was weak, but imo that was Ok. I had massive fun in that game. To me, it was all about running around with dynamite blowing random things and people up.

I can never forget the massive heart attack at my first time i discovered quarry junction. :smileytongue:

Me, Cass and Rex ran into the quarry. The deathclaws started to chase cass. She was killed in 1 swipe of the thing. I was like "AH HECK NAH IM OUT OF HERE!", so i ran toward black mountain. I was then stopped by Neil the mutant, and told about the mountain. He was killed by the deathclaw and so was i. Lol. 

Message 52 of 55 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I think it will happen and be amazing. I bet they were just waiting for a new console. 2 Fallout Games a console gen is fine by me if both are very well made.
Message 53 of 55 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
I think it will happen and be amazing. I bet they were just waiting for a new console. 2 Fallout Games a console gen is fine by me if both are very well made.

Exactly. 

It would be awesome to get fallout 4 and a spin off. (Like Fallout 3 and its spin off New Vegas).

Id also think it would be cool to get a random online Fallout game during this gen as well. BUT, not if it interfears with at least 2 single player FO games.

Message 54 of 55 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I got Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3 and New Vegas... I've enjoyed all those religiously. Still... New Vegas instability and engine memory leaks have made me doubt that Fallout 4 wouldn't be the same.

I definately want a 4... but the engine has to be made by someone else than Bethesda... try the Unreal Engine or idTech5

Message 55 of 55 (136 Views)
0 Likes