Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: Fallout New Vegas Dead Money does not work with latest patch.

Sep 26, 2011

First of all, thank you Taker-77 for your time and effort in trying to help me fix this Dead Money DLC glitch.

Let me start by saying that I have never downloaded the "patch" to my PS3 that the original poster first mentioned. But that may be my next step (grasping at straws, here...) as I'm willing to try anything at this point in time. I've canvassed both the Playstation and Bethesda websights trying to find this New Vegas "patch", but have been unsuccessful. Perhaps you can post a link I can go to in order to access this latest patch that's mentioned? Thanks.

PS- yes, I had the same Dog/God dialogue problem as you mentioned, but figured that problem was a non-issue compared to the major problem of not being able to progress any further in the game. I just figured the dialogue issue would clear up on its own if I could just get the game to go on to the next step/quest.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Sep 26, 2011

So your PS3 is not hooked up to the internet huh? I'll see what I can find.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Bad news Lotus.

From what I've seen, it's only System updates are available for download via a PC. You will need to find a way to get internet access with your PS3.

I could be incorrect though. You could try asking around the Support Forum: http://community.us.playstation.com/community/support?view=discussions

They might know more than I.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2011

Taker-77, yes, I can temporarily hardwire my PS3 to the internet when I have to. (For some reason I've not been able to get its wireless sytem to latch onto my wireless router, though.) Hardwiring my PS3 to the internet allowed me to download the Dead Money DLC from the Playstation website in the first place. Are you saying that the New Vegas game patch is available only for the PC version of the game, and not available for the PS3 version? Or did I misinterpret you.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Sep 27, 2011

All you need to do for the newest patch is to be signed in to the PSN and start the game. You will be told that there is a game update available and to press "X" to download it. Once it is complete, the game will restart and you will be good to go. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2011

Super! I'll re-connect my PS3 to the internet and start the New Vegas game while re-connected, and see what happens.

I'll let you know what transpires. Thanks again Taker-77 for all your efforts with walking me through this! As my avatar says, I am a newbie at this stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Sep 27, 2011

i've only had one issue with the new patches on the console. my Legate keeps super leveling. now this isn't a bad thing, only that i lack the funds to get Dead Money and Honest hearts. i'm stuck in Lonesome roads with a lvl 38 profile that kills one deathclaw and his exp bar goes up by a third.. not fun! maximizing my stats is fun and all, but i like game with a challenge. i've already tried setting it on all difficulty settings, and none work.

Please Help if able

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Eureka! I can now progress the Dead Money game past the fountain glitch! Thank you so much, Taker-77 for guiding me through all this!

I would've never guessed that you would FIRST need to connect your PS3 to the internet; log onto the Playstation website; and THEN start the New Vegas game. Once I did all that, the patch download requirement came up automatically. I downloaded the patch/update (Version 1.07) and restarted the game from a previous save I made in the New Vegas game; assembled all three companions at the fountain, and the game started its next quest, right on que, just like it's supposed to. Yay!

Note: I did try starting with a saved game from one of my previous attempts at Dead Money, and it wouldn't work- same problem. You MUST start Dead Money with a clean previous save from the New Vegas game.

Again, thank you SO much Taker-77 for your tremendous assistance, guidance, and above all, patience. Without your help I would've just given up. THANK YOU!!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Sep 28, 2011

Glad everything worked out Lotus.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I'm always here, lurking.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2012

I've been having this problem every single time I've tried to play Dead Money...Alot of time the abandoned bunker grate is locked and needs the key so I have to delete the patch to even get IN to the DLC, but even when it's not locked, I always get the glitch with the fountain :/ can you explain step by step exactly what I should be doing to fix this?

I have all of the add-ons and DLC's for New Vegas

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes