Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
17 posts

Re: Fallout New Vegas bugs and glitches thread! (possible Spoilers)

Jul 20, 2011

Okay, I downloaded the new patch (1.06) and the game was running great until then. This patch has rendered this game UNPLAYABLE. After 20 minutes of rough, scratchy, (though still playable) gameplay, it gets to a point where the the frame lag will be around 1 FPS and falling. After 30 seconds of this, the game will decrease to about 1 frame every 4-5 seconds.

Totally unplayable.

Then I go to reboot my system and take the disc out and the disc will be burning hot. Its like this game has my PS3 in overhaul.

Its like they went and fixed all the little trivial things that people bitched about and screwed up the gameplay. I couldnt care less if my companion had a glitched black face, if a weapon is displayed oddly on an NPCs back, if a certain faction or certain NPC carries a certain type of gun, or if my gun displays incorrect damage info. Just make the damn game PLAYABLE!

Now I love Fallout, its one of my favorite games, but for the love of God...

I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and Im ALL OUT of bubblegum. They Live 1988

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 104 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Jul 20, 2011

Try deleting your Game Data (not Saved Data) and reinstalling the patch. Perhaps it didn't install correctly.

Also, how big is the save file that you are playing with?

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 104 (651 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2012

everytime i enter the ultraluxe, firat part of freeside, the mormon fort, the hoover **bleep** or red rock canyon my fps drops to 1 per 3-5secs

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 104 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4880 posts

Aug 13, 2012
How big is your save file and is this the regular or ultimate edition?

Anyways, there are a couple quick fixes you can try:

1. Delete your game data. This normally helps.

2. Save your game to a brand new file and then delete the old save. Sometimes if you just re-write the same file, it can be corrupted.
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 104 (635 Views)
0 Likes