Sackboy
586 posts

Re: Fallout: New Vegas not even playable.

Feb 20, 2011

I just looked at my saved data and their all just below 7MB so you may be right about that.

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Just when I decided to complain that NV freezes every 40 minutes for me,  I come to this thread and realize everyone else is in the same boat.   This game is awesome... when its up and running.  I'm tempted to do the "safe mode" PS3 startup and blow it all up.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Bethesda just released a patch but it only updated the trpohies for Dead Money DLC. (It still froze on me when I fired up the game to test it out...) They are supossedly working on a patch to fix the gamebreakers (knock on wood I don't get one of those.)

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

What version is New Vegas now?  I was just wondering how many patches that there are now and when was the last one released?  I'm still waiting to buy the game but do not want to buy a broken game.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 85 (221 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 23, 2011

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

Randzz01 wrote:

Still version 1.02 I believe. 

Thanks

It's now version 1.04.  Dead Money DLC is out for anyone interested. 

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 23, 2011

So far all Bethesda games are buggy on consoles,  why I've no idea.  All I can tell you is save often & have multiple saves.  I hope the next Elder Scrolls is far more stable. 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2530 posts

Feb 24, 2011

Skyrim is supposed to have a new game engine

Randzz01 wrote:

So far all Bethesda games are buggy on consoles,  why I've no idea.  All I can tell you is save often & have multiple saves.  I hope the next Elder Scrolls is far more stable. 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2368 posts

Feb 26, 2011

I guess I'll just wait for the GOTYE.  I really want to play New Vegas but I get mad real easy.  I loved Fallout 3 and bought all of the DLC for that game.  Fallout 3 is still probably one of my favorite RPGs of all time.  I just think that it will be much more enjoyable if I just wait for the GOTYE edition for New Vegas.  Hopefully they are still working on more patches to fix the main game.  They should stop making DLC for NV until they get the main game fixed.  They will need to come out with patches to fix broken stuff in the DLC as well I'm sure.

minkbikini wrote:

Bethesda just released a patch but it only updated the trpohies for Dead Money DLC. (It still froze on me when I fired up the game to test it out...) They are supossedly working on a patch to fix the gamebreakers (knock on wood I don't get one of those.)

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

What version is New Vegas now?  I was just wondering how many patches that there are now and when was the last one released?  I'm still waiting to buy the game but do not want to buy a broken game.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 3, 2011

everyone is a complaining holy damn. if you are a true fan of the fallout series, you will be able to look past all the bugs and glitches, as it IS NOT POSSIBLE TO FIX, WITHOUT TAKING AWAY ALL THE COOL STUFF LIKE WEAPON MODS AND they would HAVE TO MAKE THE MAP MUCH MUCH SMALLER.

what you people dont understand because you arent in game developing. i know a lot about game developing and the bigger a map is, the more glitches will become.

as one of the developers on their site or wiki says, "real fallout fans will be able to look past all the bugs"...

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Mar 12, 2011

DiexHumanityxDie wrote:

everyone is a complaining holy damn. if you are a true fan of the fallout series, you will be able to look past all the bugs and glitches, as it IS NOT POSSIBLE TO FIX, WITHOUT TAKING AWAY ALL THE COOL STUFF LIKE WEAPON MODS AND they would HAVE TO MAKE THE MAP MUCH MUCH SMALLER.

what you people dont understand because you arent in game developing. i know a lot about game developing and the bigger a map is, the more glitches will become.

as one of the developers on their site or wiki says, "real fallout fans will be able to look past all the bugs"...

your comment made me lol.

Anyways, after 200ish hours of fallout 3, not a single freeze. Only thing that happend was walter died.

only played New Vegas for around 100, again, nothing happend. No freeeze nothing.

both game save files are over 10mb. My ps3 is a 80gb Motorstorm edition. i upgraded tha hard drive to a 360gb with a 32mb  cache

-evilbunny

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Mar 12, 2011

Ya, Bethesda really sucks at finding dev teams that can actually make good games. They have the best game's out there, but the actual gameplay is broken almost everytime.  Especially with that stupid Oblivion Vampire glitch that ruins the game. Still NO FREAKING FIX.   Pathetic. That being said, skyrim is a must buy day one. Bugs or not, I have more fun with these broken games then most other games out there.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 85 (221 Views)
0 Likes