Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: How much alike is the Fallout 3 map compared to the real DC?

Jun 29, 2009

The locations are fairly accurate, but they took a few liberties with their placement.  For instance, Olney is actually south of Germantown rather than more to the north.  Arlington National Cemetary is north of the Pentagon/Citadel rather than to the south/west.  But places like Falls Church, Bethesda, Wheaton, Foggy Bottom, DuPont and the general path of the Potomac River are all fairly accurate. 

Honestly, go to Google Maps and search for Washington DC and see for yourself.  A lot of the downtown area is very well done.

Message Edited by D1ckMegahurtz2 on 06-29-2009 06:32 AM
Message 21 of 23 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
643 posts

Jun 29, 2009

i went there after i had the game go to the jefferson memorial youll find a little door to the basement

o and my hotel was in Bethesda my friends thought that was funny 

Message Edited by CBdaQB on 06-29-2009 10:57 AM
beta tested: Uncharted 2, HOME Private Beta, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, MAG Private, SOCOM Confrontation

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - CBdaQB
Message 22 of 23 (683 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I am from MD the Bethesda Software is in Bethesda for one. Also, Mt. Vernon is ouside of the southeast part of the DC beltway east of Alexandria and is off of the map. The mall has the proper layout but the wrong ratio. The museum of natural history where you see the Ghouls is a lot larger and the space museum follows this as well. Many of the Federal buildings are missing so I assume they were destroyed. In the Point lookout expansion they added an amusement park because point lookout in real life is a state park that only has signs about its history as an interment camp for southern sympathizers during the civil war when MD's governor sided with the Union. Lastly a carrier could never dock that close to DC the river is too shallow for it to even get that far and the ship would never make it past the bridges (I'm in the Navy they have a 4.5 acre flight deck and hold a few thousand personnel you do the math.)
Message 23 of 23 (671 Views)
0 Likes