Keyblade Wielder
10603 posts

Re: How much alike is the Fallout 3 map compared to the real DC?

Jun 26, 2009
I heard that the mall is set up ddiffrently in fallout but, I'm unsure.
Message 11 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Jun 27, 2009

sabbath364 wrote:
A lot of it is in there. Germantown, Arlington, Bethesda, Vernon Square, Andale is actually Annandale, They have the Chevy Chase area, Takoma Park, Anacostia, Alexandria, Falls Church, Olney

Thanks for naming many of the places there... really? they Bethesda is a place in DC? coincidence because thats the name of the game developer for Fo3

I was thinking to make a list of major places such as the memorials and such (not street names because it would be too many) and mark off which ones i went to that day, which is tomorrow ^_^

"If you think it, the camera will see it" - Wes Craven

"The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself"

- Wes Craven

Message 12 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1278 posts

Jun 27, 2009

sabbath364 wrote:
A lot of it is in there. Germantown, Arlington, Bethesda, Vernon Square, Andale is actually Annandale, They have the Chevy Chase area, Takoma Park, Anacostia, Alexandria, Falls Church, Olney

Thats cool.

HockeyFoo
^Please Join, say HockeyFoo recruited you, THANKS!^
Message 13 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1278 posts

Jun 27, 2009

ALMAs666 wrote:

sabbath364 wrote:

Thanks for naming many of the places there... really? they Bethesda is a place in DC? coincidence because thats the name of the game developer for Fo3

I was thinking to make a list of major places such as the memorials and such (not street names because it would be too many) and mark off which ones i went to that day, which is tomorrow ^_^

Holy crap I never relised that.

HockeyFoo
^Please Join, say HockeyFoo recruited you, THANKS!^
Message 14 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Jun 27, 2009
Does anybody know were the White House is or if there is even a place in Fallout 3?
Teufelhunden!
Message 15 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Jun 28, 2009

Swanson59 wrote:
Does anybody know were the White House is or if there is even a place in Fallout 3?

Yes you can get sort of close to the white house. you have to go through a sewer underground from a certain point and it leads you to i think the back of the white house? or the front but (since its a post apocolyptic game) its all crumbled and stuff and hard to manuver around and not much to do except get some mini nukes there. also some ghouls there watch out.

"If you think it, the camera will see it" - Wes Craven

"The first monster you have to scare the audience with is yourself"

- Wes Craven

Message 16 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10603 posts

Jun 28, 2009
Bethesdea is named after Bethesdea, Maryland
Message 17 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jun 28, 2009
Yes you can go to the White House thru an underground sewer. Its all destroyed since thats where the bomb fell. There are a couple of mini nukes there. Its very radiated and has a glowing one. Plus if you have the explorer perk the area is named White House.
Message 18 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jun 28, 2009
I visited dc on a school trip back 5 or 6 years ago, in some sense yes fallout dc is like thre real dc (the suburbs are generally in the right direction from dc) but in many ways its not DC its self is much much more bigger, there are key landmarks missing (I think mt vernon would technically be within the space that the fallout map allows but it isnt there needless to say) The mall is much more open, the buildings are no were near as closed in as in the game. Also the white house is within clear walking distance of both the lincoln and washington monuments. but you also have to consider that this is an alternate time line, theres mos def not all that art decco thats in game, and the constraints of software and hardware. and the fact it really is just all sheer fantasy anyways so bethesda couldve imagined it anyway they wanted to and it probably wouldnt've matter so long as the general vision was similar to how most people veiw dc in thier minds eye.
--Why must mankind consistantly complain about whats given freely, maybe we should be glad of what we have, and actually work for what we want?
--Support the Geodermic Granititis (cobbles) sufferers of America!
Message 19 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Jun 28, 2009
Cool thanks. now i got somthing to do
Teufelhunden!
Message 20 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes