Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Re: Mods for PS3 fallout 3!?!

Aug 5, 2009

To all who think the UT3 deal was all that great, you need to do all the work on a PC then port it over to PS3. If you have a PC new enough to do mods with, why not just get a good video card for it and buy games for the PC when you are fairly certain there will be editing tools released at some point.

By the way, I have Fallout 3 and Oblivion on my PS3, not my PC.

Do have to admit though, even if additional software would be needed, even if the porting would be left up to the modder (no matter how much of a pain it may be) it would have been nice for them to have implemented a way to at least save user content to the console versions of the game.

Message 21 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2009
all that i really wanted was console commands opened up to use with a usb keyboard that way you can change stuff without the GECK
Message 22 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 14, 2010

I was trying to find out the same thing as this forum when I ran across this website.

http://mycheats.1up.com/list/filetype/3160080/fallout_3_/ps3

Two subsections are Patchs and Mods, and it is under PS3. So I think you can make stuff on the PC then people can download it like UT3.

P.S  If it does not work or I am wrong I really am not looking for any heat so just tell me.

Message 23 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 17, 2010

It's more than possible, as a few friends and I have been discussing this since the game's release(when we all thought Microsoft was going to own the DLC rights forever). However, the ideas we came up with are just speculation, so if these are not feasible or are otherwise impossible, please don't flame me.

We'd need at least one of the following:

A hacked version of FO3 that can still be run on the console

A hacked console

A PS3 devkit

PLUS

Knowledge of the PS3's file structures and how to modify, edit or add to them

Now, don't get me wrong - adding mods should be somewhat easy - after all, the PS3 supposedly does everything, and it damn near does. But as it would involve hacking the game, the console, or a combination of the two, you'd most likely piss off Bethesda and/or Sony in the process.

I'm just surprised that Bethesda didn't include this ability - at the very least, if a future title was going to have the DLC as 360/PC only, this would at least give something to the PS3 owners so that we don't feel like we got completely shafted.

Message 24 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2010

I dont care about the G.E.C.K. i just want to download mods on the PS3.

Message 25 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Apr 20, 2010
^^ yeah it would be nice if we could just download mods and install them. But it doubt it will ever happen for FO3. The upcoming NV might have this feature, but probably not. I can dream cant i?

I am war, I am pain, I am all you've ever slain, I am tears in your eyes, I am grief, I am lies
Message 26 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 7, 2010
amen brother
Message 27 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2010

Well if they just had a way to convert the PS3 save game so that the g.e.c.k could use it then thats all i need, but still, i hope they make that (or someone makes it lol) i think if someone made a converter from PS3 format to PC format and then back to PS3, that would be all most people would need.

Message 28 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Jun 4, 2010

I think mods on PS3 would be awesome, but I think the GECK on the PS3 would be a nightmare to use. I've heard about certain mods where you can transfer them by game saves, but from the research I did a few months ago, all I've found has been limited and time consuming. So instead, I thought this would be a much better solution:

1) Cheat Codes. Where you can input word into a designated place, and unlock perks such as unlimited health, special guns, unlimited money, etc. Of course once cheat codes are activated you wouldn't be able to unlock trophies, like in other games.

2) The ability to make places, guns or download mods onto the computer, then transfer the data onto your PS3 via flashdrive and be able to use the mods on your game. So basicaly, you would have the fully functional GECK and use it on the computer, but then have the ability to transfer it and use it on your PS3 game.

I think this could be a reasonable thing Bethesda could do, and could easily be incorporated into the game with an update.

But do I think this will ever happen? No. I seriously doubt Bethesda will be doing anything new with Fallout 3, being a much more than a year old, but if they incorporate this with Fallout: New Vegas I think it would be cool.

So are you hearing me out Bethesda?

PSP Owner
4 GB Memory Stick
(Future) PS3 80 GB Owner
Message 29 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Jul 26, 2010

Mods are the reason why I rebought several games on my laptop. Oblivion is one of those game; it's amazing how much mods can add to the experience and any game on the PS3 that has them, I will buy just to support it like Unreal Tournament 3.

Message 30 of 38 (547 Views)
0 Likes