Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 15 2012
By: piedude1 Hekseville Citizen 324 posts
Accepted Solution

What should my new Fallout 3 character be?

5 replies 664 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

I beat it once being really good and i want to play through it again but i dont know what my character should look like or be like(good, evil, neutral). I was thinking hippie, but am not too sure.

Message 1 of 6 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: What should my new Fallout 3 character be?

Jul 15, 2012

Im serious. I don't care how funny or ridiculous it sounds. Just write your opinion please.

Message 2 of 6 (657 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Really, the best way to play an open-ended game, in theory, is to be both good and bad, i.e. neutral.

Think about it.  In most open-ended games, either extreme (good or bad) carries with it disadvantages (in the real world, being good is generally better; but games like this tend to balance good advantages and bad advantages).  If you play as good:  (1) you will be constantly expected to give stuff to people, particularly in the form of charity, and refrain from stealing unique items, meaning there is less stuff available to you, (2) people will more easily push you around and even target you as being weak or a "goody two shoes" (in this case, Talon Company will do this), and (3) you will be expected to do things to help others, at your own expense or even peril.  If you play as bad:  (1) people will hate you for the things you do to them (assault, steal, murder, etc.), causing them to not help you when they otherwise would, (2) you will be on the run from authorities if you're bad enough (in this case, the Regulators will hunt you down), and (3) you will miss out on what would have been some very good strategic alliances.  However, if you play as neutral, you get the best of both worlds:  (1) you generally give as much as you steal, which allows you to obtain things you want while keeping yourself in the reasonably good graces of the other people (which, in turn, enables you to sometimes get their help), (2) you walk the middle road, avoiding both the authorities (the Regulators) and the good-deed punishers (Talon Company), and (3) you get people who are willing to be your ally without expecting you to risk your life or fortune for them.

Message 3 of 6 (655 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Thank you. I will be neutral but i just need an idea on what my character should look like.

Message 4 of 6 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Im going to be a redneck! like the ones in point lookout! A neutral redneck!

Message 5 of 6 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Jul 21, 2012
go evil, kill everyone, and those u can kill em twice.

Message 6 of 6 (637 Views)
0 Likes