Highlighted
Dec 04 2010
By: killer9mm First Son 8 posts

i need advice, can fallout new vegas damage ps3?

19 replies 812 views Edited Dec 4, 2010

I dont know if this is good place for posting this but i have a problem..i had 40 gb PS3 that is 2.5 years old, i know that it has faulty cooling system and very sensitive motherboard. It YLOD-ed 1.11.2010 while playing fallout new vegas, i was already at the end of game, aldo i rushed because i wanted to see ending and i had few other saves so i can finish off all other quests and try other endings. I traded my dead ps3 for new 80gb with 1 year warranty with sony in my country and i gave some money in addition..Fallout freezed very often and it would just quit to xmb without warning or anything, i was on last objective in stoy quests and then it just turned off, when i turned it on i saw the YLOD xD, bad thing..Now when i have new ps3 im scared to even put fallout in blu ray drive haha, as i dont know if it can screw up my ps3 again..so if anyone has any tips or advice if i should play it and if it can damage my console please post here )

Message 1 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Re: i need advice, can fallout new vegas damage ps3?

Dec 4, 2010

no; games don't damage consoles

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 2 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 4, 2010

umm, so that freezes that i got couldn't damage my console? 3 days before i got YLOD I copied all saves except fallout onto my USB i dont know why the hell did i copy them at that time but, thank god i did

Message 3 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Dec 4, 2010

killer9mm wrote:

umm, so that freezes that i got couldn't damage my console? 3 days before i got YLOD I copied all saves except fallout onto my USB i dont know why the hell did i copy them at that time but, thank god i did

No...software freezes don't "damage hardware"

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 4 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 4, 2010
hmm i hope so, since i got new ps3 im really paranoid with this game haha, and i red on different forums about fallout overheating motherboard, cell processor and pthet components so i im scared to play it xD dang and it is such a good game
Message 5 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 4, 2010

Never heard of a game damaging a PS3.

Message 6 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Dec 5, 2010

As the others have all said, games don't cause the YLOD.

Some have agrued that some games work the PS3 harder than others, which may indirectly cause more wear and tear. However, the YLOD could just have easily have happened with any game, or even no game at all.

Also, I'm not sure what deals Sony have in your country, but usually any trade-in involves a refurbished PS3 and not a brand new one.

Message 7 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 5, 2010

are you sure? the guy that i have spoked with on the phone said that it is a new ps3, my 40gb got ylod and they sent me new 80 gb but i had to add like 200$ and they kept my non functional ps3 40gb.. i know a guy that lost 2 ps3s while playing fallout new vegas..thats why im scared haha

Message 8 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Dec 5, 2010

killer9mm wrote:

are you sure? the guy that i have spoked with on the phone said that it is a new ps3, my 40gb got ylod and they sent me new 80 gb but i had to add like 200$ and they kept my non functional ps3 40gb.. i know a guy that lost 2 ps3s while playing fallout new vegas..thats why im scared haha

Ouch, losing two PS3's to NV. That's brutal.

But yeah, I'm sure that Sony (SCEA anyway) deals with refurbished PS3's. I haven't heard of any new policies that allow someone to trade a bricked PS3 for a brand new one.

Did it come in sealed in the original box?

Message 9 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 5, 2010
hmm im in Europe but I think that it is the same for both continents..it didn't come sealed, but it was new judging by the look of its shell. And its was packed really nice..i got 1 year warranty for it so i think it is new..btw i'm from croatia. I did give my bricked ps3 and money but i got it much less cheaper than i would if I buy it in store..it is like 500$ here
Message 10 of 20 (812 Views)
0 Likes