Nov 01 2011
By: blazingwind35 First Son 11 posts

Which fighting game do u like to play and why?

55 replies 720 views Edited Nov 1, 2011

The choices are Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Caliber, Marvel VS Capcom. In my opinion I prefer Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber. I dont really like Street Fighter or Marvel VS Capcom because of the gameplay and the combos/ ultras lol that is just me.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Which fighting game do u like to play and why?

Nov 1, 2011

Having not played all of the games you mentioned, I do enjoy Mortal Kombat probably the most. I am far from mastering every character's combos/specials but I enjoy the classic characters and the gameplay.

Link Broken

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 1, 2011

My favorite fighting game is TEKKEN because of the characters and the story line. I also like being able to customize a character.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 5, 2011

Hey guys I moved this thread from Playstation Lounge to Fighting to see if we can get more discussion.

Question I had for you guys -- If you were new to the fighting Genre of gaming, which of the OP games would you recommend?

Link Broken

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Nov 6, 2011

nesdec wrote:

Hey guys I moved this thread from Playstation Lounge to Fighting to see if we can get more discussion.

Question I had for you guys -- If you were new to the fighting Genre of gaming, which of the OP games would you recommend?

Hmmm,  for a first timer I'd recommend MK. 

It's a well-known series and the moves/combos are fairly easy to get the hang of.

If not, then it'd be Soul Calibur.  simply because it's the best looking.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Nov 7, 2011

The Soulcalibur series generally, DoA4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom (although I don't play it nearly as much as I should). 

The first two I like playing 3D fighters in general since you can do more then in a 2D field,  they're also pick up & play friendly (always a plus for me).  The last, while a 2D game I vastly prever over the Marvel vs Capcom series.  I'm a Tatsunoko fan & am old enough to remember Battle of the Planets (Got the early 90s reboot on DVD too ) & Tekkaman Blade

@nesdec: That's tough when I first played fighters I was generally put off by 2D fighters (SF, KoF) & didn't really play any "in depth" until DoA4.  Rent a few that interest you see what you gravitate to & what you shy away from.   My stipulations with fighters in general: 

• Decent online play.  Nothing beats the "real thing" (offline play), but I don't have the luxury of that most of the time so I go for the online aspect in fighters.  Tatsunoko vs Capcom & VF5 online are just like offline play, but their online is so barebones.  SCIV in my view had it "just right". 
  • Pick up & play friendly.  If I wanna learn it more in-depth afterward I can, but there are times when I just wanna get in a wail. 
  • Fairly diverse characters & movesets. 
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 56 (720 Views)
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Nov 9, 2011

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Soul Calibur (in that order).

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are ones I've played all my life and have just always enjoyed. Soul Calibur, like MistaSpin said, looks amazing. It's also really fun. I'm always really giddy when I play it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 9, 2011

Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter are really the ones I have the biggest interest in.  The combat/mechanics keep me interested/entertained enough to play for hours on end, win or lose

Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, etc. I really have more of just a passive interest in.  I'll see what's up with each new title and go from there.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 56 (720 Views)
Wastelander
683 posts

Nov 10, 2011

My persinal favorite is BlazBlue

http://slagzombie.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tourettes-guy-01.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 22, 2011

arcana heart 3 because it's awesome.

BBCS2 is ok too. but I dont have it on ps3, & i think i'll wait for BBCSEX

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 56 (720 Views)
0 Likes