Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: A Realm Reborn no mics?

Aug 28, 2013

My pleasure :smileyvery-happy:

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 11 of 17 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 9, 2013
I don't chat with random oddly enough me and my friends all.go out and buy the say game to play together. so we would rather it have a party chat option instead of having to type everything out. We talk on every other game we've gotten why not this one just seems stupid and they should fix it. I do have a laptop just sitting around to use for a different chat its just easy to make it for in game chat.
Message 12 of 17 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2035 posts

Sep 12, 2013
It's all good.

PS4 will have party chat, anyway. Once FFX ARR comes to PS4, this whole voice chat thing wont even be a problem. For console gamers, anyway.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 13 of 17 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Actually many Free Companies and Link Shells use Vent servers AKA Ventrilio to do majority of chat so unless Sony makes their chat cross compatible, etc... it will for the most part not solve anything.

Already on some servers console and PC shells have appeared and this may change because many people new to the MMO world or weaned on WoW are going to see the Final Fantasy MMO's are a different 'beast' and community between the two is needed not seperation.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 14 of 17 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

Sep 13, 2013

By level 50 hell by the time you get to Sunken Temple of Qarn, if you usually raid with some 2/3 of your friends or people in your FC I suggest you get a chat app on your pc/smartphone.

Though it is not required it will make startegizing so much easier especially when the boss mob is going to do something to okie doke you and your group.

PS4 will only do cross game chat like LIVE parties on 360. So you will only speak with other PS users not everyone playing FFXIV. By the time you are 50 the game pretty much stops holding your hand and you will at times have to dodge attacks with no indicators and bosses have 1 shot abilities if you are not paying attention. Which I really like :smileytongue:.

I'll add the links of many chat apps you can use for your FC if you run your own, or for just raiding with your friends:

Teamspeak

Ventrillo

Dolby Axon

Raidcall

Mumble

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Message 15 of 17 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

Haku_Legacy wrote:

By level 50 hell by the time you get to Sunken Temple of Qarn, if you usually raid with some 2/3 of your friends or people in your FC I suggest you get a chat app on your pc/smartphone.

Though it is not required it will make startegizing so much easier especially when the boss mob is going to do something to okie doke you and your group.

PS4 will only do cross game chat like LIVE parties on 360. So you will only speak with other PS users not everyone playing FFXIV. By the time you are 50 the game pretty much stops holding your hand and you will at times have to dodge attacks with no indicators and bosses have 1 shot abilities if you are not paying attention. Which I really like :smileytongue:.

I'll add the links of many chat apps you can use for your FC if you run your own, or for just raiding with your friends:

Teamspeak

Ventrillo

Dolby Axon

Raidcall

Mumble

You mentioned smartphone as an option for voice chat. Do any of the voice chat programs you linked to have a compatible android app? My macbook received an ice tea shower courtesy of a clumsy girlfriend. :smileyfrustrated:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 17 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Iirc Teamspeak and Ventrillo both have an app for smartphones.

rwby photo: ~ 0ZRug_zps3527be48.gif
Message 17 of 17 (105 Views)