Sep 01 2013
By: Brozz65 Wastelander 788 posts

Error 1017 & 2002 .. STILL cant log in (FF14 failure #2)

[ Edited ]
101 replies 10385 views Edited Sep 1, 2013

Yep, I still cant log in. Tried randomly over the past few days with no luck, and today I got a new error (2002) telling me I cant connect to the server.
So in total, Ive been able to log in twice since open beta started, and those two times were at odd hours (approx 4 a.m. EST)

I am kicking myself that I spent $39.99 on this game.
Not that its a lot of money, but because i am tired of getting screwed over. I work hard for my money, and I dont appreciate spending it on inferior / broken products.

I wont be subbing, and Im sure many others wont as well.

Screw Squenix, may they go bankrupt and slip into the "Once great but now just greedy" void of game developers that willingly release unfinished products.
(They'll be in good company)

Many people were confident that the rerelease of FFXIV would be a repeat of the initial launch (aka, total failure)
Well, its looking like the naysayers were correct. FFXIV is headed full speed towards failure #2.

Message 1 of 102 (10,385 Views)
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Re: Error 1017 & 2002 .. STILL cant log in (FF14 failure #2)

Sep 1, 2013

Brozz65 wrote:

Yep, I still cant log in. Tried randomly over the past few days with no luck, and today I got a new error (2002) telling me I cant connect to the server.
So in total, Ive been able to log in twice since open beta started, and those two times were at odd hours (approx 4 a.m. EST)

Not that its a lot of money, but because i am tired of getting screwed over. I work hard for my money, and I dont appreciate spending it on inferior / broken products.

Screw Squenix, may they go bankrupt and slip into the "Once great but now just greedy" void of game developers that willingly release unfinished products.

Many people were confident that the rerelease of FFXIV would be a repeat of the initial launch (aka, total failure)
Well, its looking like the naysayers were correct. FFXIV is headed full speed towards failure #2.

I bet the people that are able to play love Yoshida, they get a free week ontop of their free month, but people who run into errors on SE's end get a free headache for a week. Bad business if you ask me, Square Enix should have more expirience in gaming but i guess i am wrong.

Message 2 of 102 (10,372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Brozz65 wrote:

So open beta started so about 2 days... not alot of time at all to make such judgments.

I was in Phase 3 and Phase 4 and Open beta and outside of having relogon fun for a few days got in every single time so that totalled over a weeks period.

Now if people followed the Lodestone, Twitter, SE forums and even the public fansites it would be pointed out that error 2002 is tied to server congestion which the community has been CONSTANTLY kept abreast on... and 'many people' have posted, tweeted, etc that if you keep trying to logon error 2002 eventually goes away and/or if people follow the system notices at Lodestone they will see its congestion.

As for the other comments people who were in the Phase betas and talking on FF fansites all agree that ARR is a great game and a total turn around of 1.0... a common bit of knowlege FYI...

SO before trying to create drama and spread hate with convient misinformation know there are others who know the facts and just plainly know better.

Since you are not going to play anymore I hope enjoyment is found going back to Free Realms.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 3 of 102 (10,371 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Sep 1, 2013

i dont think hes saying the game is bad, its just not good business when you have to go out of your way to figure out problems that is on their end... Searching google to figure out their errors is wasted time, you spent money on a game that is advertised as working and it doesnt.... Its really easy to understand.

Message 4 of 102 (10,366 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Spence937 wrote:

i dont think hes saying the game is bad, its just not good business when you have to go out of your way to figure out problems that is on their end... Searching google to figure out their errors is wasted time, you spent money on a game that is advertised as working and it doesnt.... Its really easy to understand.

No... no its not easy to understand.

Because shouting out.. insulting a developer in blind anger is beyond childish.

Its thanks to Yoshida we even get to play this game on PS3 at all... it could have gone straight to PS4 and then would the negative PS3 posters be complaining about an issue which IS BEING worked on - No...

PS3 users venting on issues on the PS3 forum makes no sense because its the Final Fantasy game so technically... logically such issues should be posted over there. 

And, if that was done the user(s) would be FORCED to see the notices posted clearly saying whats going on...

Saying a person has issues with SE servers on a PS3 forum is like saying my Kia has engine trouble on a Toyota site... realistically it makes NO SENSE!! 

Right now all the info here on FFXIV is being provided by the fans... no one else.

I mean yes the errors are frustrating I had a half day of them myself... but Im still happily playing and so are over 200000+ others.

But, my frustration is tempered by the fact that I was a beta tester in FFXI and it also had a fair share of bugs an issues because controlled beta testing versus opening month the population is very different also you have the cowards who cheat too making things worse.

And it is hardly 'going out of your way' to visit the company page of a game....seriously?????

When I was on EverQuest, Wow, Lineage, Delta Force, Diablo, StarCraft, Champions, Lineage II, etc I always had the main page saved just to load up before I logon to see whats new and if any contest or more...

I mean many players of the Dark and Demon souls series keeps the company pages and/or FB pages book marked for news, etc.

Its a common thing gamers do for a game they like...

Everyone is still having various connection issues but we are all keeping eyes open to SE and Yoshida who are reporting whats being done to fix them....

Again its a choice if people find the game not to their liking... but as one person said "Im going to buy it once all the bugs are ironed out". 

Thats because opening month in ANY MMORPG is notorious... for having issues because as Yoshida has said many times "the amount of world users was beyond anything they ever expected".

Last released numbers were 250000 world users and growing...

In the end if they extend the time to play for free... the only thing people are being charged is their patience...

And patience is ALOT cheaper than money....

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 5 of 102 (10,351 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

Kitty .. are you on SEs payroll? Or are you simply a blind faith fangirl?
Im not creating drama, hate or spreading misinformation. These log in / server issues exist. Do they not?
So wheres the lies? Hate? Misinformation?

I dont have the time (or desire) to look up game pages, Google info, or waste hours on end trying to log into a game.
I have other things that take up my time. A job, home, family, etc., etc .. and when I have the time and want to play, thats what I want to do, play. Not scour the web searching for reasons why I cant log into a game that I already paid for.
If you find that unreasonable, then its you who have the problem.

FYI, I never played Free Realms.

Message 6 of 102 (10,340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

Spence937 wrote:

Thank you Spence .. thats my point exactly.

Message 7 of 102 (10,339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Brozz65 wrote:

Kitty .. are you on SEs payroll? Or are you simply a blind faith fangirl?
Im not creating drama, hate or spreading misinformation. These log in / server issues exist. Do they not?
So wheres the lies? Hate? Misinformation?

I dont have the time (or desire) to look up game pages, Google info, or waste hours on end trying to log into a game.
I have other things that take up my time. A job, home, family, etc., etc .. and when I have the time and want to play, thats what I want to do, play. Not scour the web searching for reasons why I cant log into a game that I already paid for.
If you find that unreasonable, then its you who have the problem.

FYI, I never played Free Realms.

Exactly, Yoshida can create any excuse he wants, there is NO excuse for releasing a game that cannot be played. Kitty i am sorry you cant understand this but that is how business works. Call it blind anger and call it childish, anyone with a brain who buys something that doesnt work will complain every time.

Message 8 of 102 (10,307 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
964 posts

Sep 1, 2013

I understand why you guys are mad, we always feel cheated when we pay for something and it doesn't meet our expectation. Anyone with any experience with MMO's will tell you that there are always things that are going to go wrong at launch or after a big update for a game. This is why I haven't bought the game yet. I actually went to Wal-Mart  the day of release and was thinking of buying it but I held off because I knew there would be complications.

Kitty has been trying to explain this to you guy but you don't want to accept this explanation and you continue to call Square Enix a bad company. SE knows they made a mistake and they are working hard to fix it. They give you another free week of game time and all I have seen you guys do is complain about it. SE is the only company I have ever seen give free game time when they make a mistake.

The game will be available to us all soon and you guys can play all you want. Just be patient and keep a positive attitude about it and know that there will probably game crashes in the future. These problems are usually unforseen and the companies do everything they can to fix them. Its like opening up a restaurant and 30 minutes after you open the grill breaks down. Nobody could have known it was going to happen and yes they are probably going to be some upset customers.

I am dying to play the game and I am hoping they have all of these problems cleared up some time this week. Will definitely swing by Wal-Mart and pick up a copy.

Message 9 of 102 (10,083 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2457 posts

Sep 1, 2013

StealthKill47 wrote:

I understand why you guys are mad, we always feel cheated when we pay for something and it doesn't meet our expectation. Anyone with any experience with MMO's will tell you that there are always things that are going to go wrong at launch or after a big update for a game. This is why I haven't bought the game yet. I actually went to Wal-Mart  the day of release and was thinking of buying it but I held off because I knew there would be complications.

Kitty has been trying to explain this to you guy but you don't want to accept this explanation and you continue to call Square Enix a bad company. SE knows they made a mistake and they are working hard to fix it. They give you another free week of game time and all I have seen you guys do is complain about it. SE is the only company I have ever seen give free game time when they make a mistake.

The game will be available to us all soon and you guys can play all you want. Just be patient and keep a positive attitude about it and know that there will probably game crashes in the future. These problems are usually unforseen and the companies do everything they can to fix them. Its like opening up a restaurant and 30 minutes after you open the grill breaks down. Nobody could have known it was going to happen and yes they are probably going to be some upset customers.

I am dying to play the game and I am hoping they have all of these problems cleared up some time this week. Will definitely swing by Wal-Mart and pick up a copy.

Never said Kitty was wrong, you and Kitty have to put yourself in our shoes. Two people who dont follow twitter and dont frequent the forums. For any gamer looking for a nice game to play you cant expect them to know all of these things you are saying.

the way you put it is we should have known this was coming, its not like that for everyone. I am not a raging MMO fan nor did i partake in the beta. I am just a regular gamer looking to have fun and this expirience is the opposite of fun. 

I understand that you two are willing to put up with something you shouldnt have to, thats not how it should be. If you want to put up with this BS then so be it i refuse to be a sucker especially to a HUGE company like this that is literally rolling in the our money.

Message 10 of 102 (10,069 Views)
0 Likes